Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Crazy Future Theories..

Big Rip for mod
Old 10-09-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And then the Big Rip happens. Basically in about 50 billion years, all matter is torn asunder from the outside of the universe in. As the rate of the expansion of the universe increases, none of the forces that hold the universe or matter together can sustain. Even atoms themselves are eventually ripped apart. It will look like a big black wave of nothingness, sweeping from the outer edges of the universe inward.

Kinda spooky to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just the most predominate idea. Personally I think dark matter tips the weight scale back in favor of an oscillating universe. Or at least I hope.

I agree with robots taking over, if for no other reason than long distance space travel will probably require their endurance. Maybe we get to upload our brains, but then there is that whole argument of "is it you".

Personally I think all advancement of man-kind stops with the invention of a holo-deck or total VR. Cause who's going to invent anything after that?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think all advancement of man-kind stops with the invention of a holo-deck or total VR. Cause who's going to invent anything after that?

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, im gunna be too busy banging jessica biel 24/7 to contribute any of my genius to the future advancement of society
Old 10-09-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
China will actively encourage homosexuality in an attempt to control population.

[/ QUOTE ]

cf Burgess, Anthony "The Wanting Seed", 1962. wiki

[/ QUOTE ] "It's sapiens to be h0m0." Hilarious.

Stupid filter.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, im gunna be too busy banging jessica biel 24/7 to contribute any of my genius to the future advancement of society

[/ QUOTE ]
this has exciting implications, but very logical imo
Old 10-09-2007, 05:55 AM

not so crazy future theories: death and taxes.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 AM

Wats that about genetic rascism?
As a White/chinese Tanzinian i find it pretty scary.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, I also forgot to add that eventually the earth swallows the sun, our galaxy collides with another and the expansion of the universe accelerates to a point where even if we build a ship that travels at the speed of light we'll never go anywhere but into nothingness. Which is precisely what what our robot decendants become

[/ QUOTE ]

And then the Big Rip happens. Basically in about 50 billion years, all matter is torn asunder from the outside of the universe in. As the rate of the expansion of the universe increases, none of the forces that hold the universe or matter together can sustain. Even atoms themselves are eventually ripped apart. It will look like a big black wave of nothingness, sweeping from the outer edges of the universe inward.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then Bastian uses his imagination and dreams the entire universe back and the land of Fantasia is saved
Old 10-09-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, I also forgot to add that eventually the earth swallows the sun, our galaxy collides with another and the expansion of the universe accelerates to a point where even if we build a ship that travels at the speed of light we'll never go anywhere but into nothingness. Which is precisely what what our robot decendants become

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then Bastian uses his imagination and dreams the entire universe back and the land of Fantasia is saved

[/ QUOTE ]

*golf clap*
Old 10-09-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The moon would make a great penal colony. The prisoners wouldn't be able to return to earth because their bodies and hearts would be too weakened for them to survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but eventually they'll gain their independence by firing rocks at the earth. Robert Heinlein's estate called, and said to quit ripping off the novel he wrote in the '60's.