Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: My friend drives drunk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But seriously though, drunk driving is not even sniffing the top of the list of evil [censored] someone can do, but people always act like it's equal to raping downie toddlers.

[/ QUOTE ]

For as prevalent as it is, yes, it is. Tell me, what causes more deaths? What causes a greater number of serious injuries?

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving while tired causes more injuries.

I actually saw a guy a while back reading a book and driving. Its not like it was stop and go either, he was going about 40 and looked up every 3 seconds or so from his book. It was ridiculous.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really? You need to "look it up yourself" before "jumping on the crusade"? Seriously? You really have to know the exact numbers, or even a general idea, to know its retarded? Ok then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean I know tossing a stone off of a tall building is retarded and may result in injury, but I don't act like the people who do that are Hitler reborn if I hear of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded =/= Hitler reborn, but whatever. This is a dumb analogy for some many reasons. You realize driving is the single most dangerous thing most people do in their lives? That's without any alcohol involved, so why make it even more dangerous.

If the only people hurt by drunk driving were the drivers themselves, that would be great- drink and drive away. The fact is, it's hardly ever the driver- it's the innocent person at the other end.

Whatever, I hope your life isn't ever affected by a drunk driver, but if it is, maybe you'll change your tune about it. I really hope it doesn't take that, though.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, seriously, who do these people think they are? I mean, who really cares about how many innocent people are killed by drink drivers, right? WOOOOO party on dude!

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally,some sensibility.

But seriously though, drunk driving is not even sniffing the top of the list of evil [censored] someone can do, but people always act like it's equal to raping downie toddlers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey tard, "DRUNK DRIVING" IS GENERALLY A SUBJECTIVE OBSERVATION WHICH ENCOMPASSES A WIDE DEGREE OF BEHAVIORS AND I'M PRETTY SURE THAT NOBODY HERE ENDORSES THE TYPE OF DRIVING WHERE SOMEONE IS SEEING DOUBLE, OR WEAVING INTO LANES, OR HITTING AND KILLING ANYONE.

Take your tripe to Politics where you'll fit in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, the old resort to yelling and name calling argument, good one.

Anyway, maybe you should look up the definition of "drunk driving" before you go off the deep end there?

[ QUOTE ]
Drunk driving is the act of operating and/or driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs to the degree that mental and motor skills are impaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as you can see, it only involves those situations where mental and motor skills are impaired. Thanks for your insight though.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh okay, the old resort to yelling and name calling argument

[/ QUOTE ]
Only because you are dumb.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most accidents are caused by human error. Of all the contributing factors to driving errors, where does driving drunk fit in? Is it better or worse than talking to a passenger in a car, better or worse than changing your radio, better or worse than changing lanes without signaling or looking, better or worse than speeding 30+? Is it better or worse than driving tired (hint: it is about the same).

Myself, I like to have reasons for holding opinions. Particularly for condemning, and even jailing, those that disagree. I guess you just go with what upset mothers tell you. They are neutral and reliable after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but why compound to human error (which will happen no matter what) by adding driving impaired to the mix? It is a voluntary and avoidable situation that causes more unnecessary deaths. And, really, your argument doesn't make sense- just because other things are bad, we should continue doing this thing which is bad? I don't think you should drive tired either, what does that matter?

I work with victims of drunk driving on a regular basis and see what it causes- so trust me, it's not "upset mothers" giving me this information. And who said anything about jailing those who disagree? I don't really know what that means or what that applies to.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh okay, the old resort to yelling and name calling argument

[/ QUOTE ]
Only because you are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mom.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:52 PM

LetItBe = pwning this thread
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Don't kid yourself, MADD has everyone believing that anyone who blows a .08% or higher is suddenly going to drive like someone playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The reality is that someone with a high tolerance to booze, coupled with reasonable driving skills and experience is not a big threat to other drivers.

The more likely and real threats are:

Hardcore felons who exhibit anti-social behavior, driving while under the influence of meth, crack, or pcp

Teens who are very inexperienced behind the wheel. Unfortunately, they usually end up killing themselves and their passengers when they lose control of their vehicle.

Recent immigrants, mostly Hispanic. Many of them don't even have a valid license and they're not used to U.S traffic laws. Plus they like to drink lots of Tequila
Old 07-16-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LetItBe = pwning this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm just sure that plenty of others don't want it turning into a politics thread so they've chosen not to respond. But LetItBe can continue on if he wishes