Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

Gobbomom, you left out the most important tool we have-Boycott carpet.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I need to say something else here...

My life's work cannot be devoted to pro-bono work outing AP and UB scandals. I've put a number of important business deals of my own on the backburner this past week. I did not do any of this scandal-related work for money, but, in the end, I am involved in poker to make money. I did all of this because I thought it was the right thing to do and would benefit poker in the long-term. I guess that's kinda self-interest depending on which angle you look at it from.

I have a bunch of businesses that I either run, co-own or am somehow involved in that make me a relatively significant amount. I've pissed off a number of my business partners with conversations such as the following:

Them: "Hey Nat, how's [such as such] progressing?"
Me: "Can't talk, later"
Them: "WTF, I thought we had a deal that you'd do X and Y?"
Me: "Sorry, AP stuff, can't talk, in convo"

I'm not going to continue to do that forever. At some point, I'll return to my other businesses. Unless someone wants to pay me to be a security consultant, I simply have to move back to what I do on a day-to-day basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all perfectly understandable, and an I'm sure you're aware of how grateful everyone is that you and others took so much time out of your lives to help uncover the details of this scandal. It really is appreciated by everyone at this forum I am sure.

Can I ask though, when we were all anticipating this press release I believe you indicated that if it didn't match up with your understanding of how events unfolded that you would release some facts that you had previously held back. Is this still the plan?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:10 PM

true, good one. But no one is going to do this.

Also, Admo: everytime I think you can't possibly top yourself, you do.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM

lol. I'll keep on eye on the markets this week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM

I've been reading every post in every thread about Absolute but I'm playing the Sunday tournaments right now so I can't really check this one. Just wanted to let everyone know I just got off the phone with a support guy letting me know I was getting refunded for a tournament and I'd be getting an email about it. The $1k is already in my account, but when I asked when I should expect my money lost in cash games (just over $18k) the guy basically told me nothing expect that the phone call was just to let me know about the 1k tournament.

also, wanted to thank everyone that helped with this whole process once again.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
true, good one. But no one is going to do this.

Also, Admo: everytime I think you can't possibly top yourself, you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am missing the significance of the metallic object in the lower right of admo's pic. Can someone explain?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 PM

http://tinyurl.com/2gv6tt

Chief Financial Officer - Poker Site

Job Location: Costa Rica, Other
Salary: Salary Not Specified
Job Type: Permanent
Date: 19 Oct
Applications: 0
Ref: 14152319

Strong leader required to manage finance team at a world renowned online poker site. Required to run all aspects of the finance function including monthly reporting, annual tax reporting, forecasting, cash flow management, controlling and reconciling numerous merchant processors.

A key aspect of the job is to provide commercial input into all company decisions and ensuring that financial implications are considered at all times. A feel for value for money in marketing campaign purchases is important. The founders are expecting a return on their investment so the candidate will need to be able to manage a profit and loss account effectively and ensure colleagues adhere to their budgetary limits.

Yes men and women need not apply. This role is about taking control, offering valuable strategic input and not just quietly doing what you are told.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh and admo, couldn't you have used Serinda in place of Meg Ryan?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Bonafone has a sweet avatar. Everyone on 2+2 should change to this avatar.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, AJ was NOT a consultant. Maybe it was his technical title, but it was not the reality of the situation. That's an AP attempt to distance themselves. Make no mistake about it, AJ was running daily operations at AP. Those releases you saw earlier were sent out/approved by AJ from what I'm told.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any [censored] 2p2'er who gives AP OR UB business can suck my [censored] dick.

We can never let up on these bitches.
Closed Thread