Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

wasn't AP acquired by ultimetbet?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 AM

Another great cliffs notes. Good work to all who have put so much effort into this. I have to admit, though, the attention from the media scares me for multiple reasons.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't AP acquired by ultimetbet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Other way around.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two items from the phone conversation:

"Not all of the information posted on 2+2 is incorrect, but a lot of it is completely wrong."

"Some people are using this opportunity to spread misinformation and trying to hurt Absolute Poker. A lot of really untrue things are being said on purpose to make us look bad."

These claims have made me wonder. The evidence of cheating is repeatedly claimed to be convincing in these threads. Are these convictions based on belief that the reported Excel-file is genuine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, hows the coffee over at the AP offices? or are you working from home?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 AM

Dan Druff's second phone call:

[ QUOTE ]
The one slightly optimistic thing came at the beginning of the conversation. When describing the audit process, he said that "we will take care of those affected, regardless of the audit's results."

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, go wake up emi...er, ikestoys!

hmmm, so auditor issues an unqualified opinion that the records accurately reflect the condition of the company, no fraud has occurred and POTRIPPER had no "unfair" advantage...BUT WE'RE GONNA GIVE YA DA MONIEZ ANYWAY.

gg
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Not all of the information posted on 2+2 is incorrect, but a lot of it is completely wrong."

"Some people are using this opportunity to spread misinformation and trying to hurt Absolute Poker. A lot of really untrue things are being said on purpose to make us look bad."

These claims have made me wonder. The evidence of cheating is repeatedly claimed to be convincing in these threads. Are these convictions based on belief that the reported Excel-file is genuine?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't know how many times this has to be addressed, but...

1. The spreadsheet contains otherwise unavailable holecards that have been verified by people who played in the tournament.
2. The spreadsheet is 10 mb and is 65,636 lines long.
3. The spreadsheet contains tons of email address and IP addresses. I double checked a bunch of them using the big user database at thepokerdb (we have around 130,000 users, including much of the active online poker world). All of them checked out.

So the answer is, could someone have changed the 3 lines that led to the discovery of all of this info? Yes. They could have. Did they? I SEVERELY doubt it.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 AM

i just emailed UltimateBet point them to the relevant topics concerning PotChipper. i don't know what sort of a response to expect, but i asked for any information that may help us determine whether they are the same person without violating the user's privacy. we'll see.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you seriously trying to insinuate that someone faked an entirely verifiable 10 MB 65k cell excel file which accurately recreated the entire tournament and had traceable email and ip addresses for all participants? If so then I am shocked at your stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am not claiming this, and I find it unlikely. But it is unclear what deliberate misinformation Absolute Poker refers to. Do they mean a lot of spread rumours or could they even imply something about the data that seems to be taken for granted as genuine in these threads?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't know how many times this has to be addressed, but...

1. The spreadsheet contains otherwise unavailable holecards that have been verified by people who played in the tournament.
2. The spreadsheet is 10 mb and is 65,636 lines long.
3. The spreadsheet contains tons of email address and IP addresses. I double checked a bunch of them using the big user database at thepokerdb (we have around 130,000 users, including much of the active online poker world). All of them checked out.

So the answer is, could someone have changed the 3 lines that led to the discovery of all of this info? Yes. They could have. Did they? I SEVERELY doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
additionally, something that i think is a little more obvious, if the excel file were INDEED hijacked and forged by someone at absolute, you would think they would either say that, or would just provide the actual file, unless they are to suggest the entire thing was changed and the original deleted, etc, [censored]. i'd bet POTRIPPER's bankroll that this is not forged or altered.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, I get the feeling that when AP says "a lot of it is completely wrong" they're talking about something like, oh, Scott Tom doesn't work for us. People on 2p2 are claiming he does.

But what does it say when someone tells me that Blast Off Ltd, a Malta based company, is actually in charge of UB and AP? What if Scott Tom actually technically has a position there? I don't know if he does or doesn't. All I'm saying is that if AP thinks that people posting incorrect technicalities is equivalent to posting incorrect information, then I think they're being really dumb.

And quite frankly, what people like Adanthar, Josem, etc are posting is info they are getting from sources who have proven to be correct or reliable in the past. What else does AP expect us to do? They stonewall at every opportunity (thus far) and expect us to sit here and not discuss what insiders tell us about them?

It sounds to me like they're upset that people both inside and outside of their organization are leaking their secrets. I've discarded about 80% of what has been told to me because I don't want to speculate. But it's kinda impossible not to pay attention to the info that is being posted and seeing how it all seems to conveniently fit together.

Anyway, rant over. AP, please disprove what has been posted and tell us the whole story.
Closed Thread