21 people left, blinds are 300/600/50 i think

im UTG with 22 and stack of ~5500 avg stack is 12.5K
i call and thinking of calling a push
UTG+1 which stack is ~4500 and was pushing a bit goes AI
folds to me, I push

should I pushed first or fold?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: 4/180 22 UTG with smallstack

I don't want to seem mean here but I have to blast you, because your thinking is crazy in terms of equity.

Let me get to my point the go back with other information. First stand alone 22 has -ev against any range of hands that is going to call a push, but to improve the hands equity in the pot you have to compenstate this by making the calling range smaller and giving yourself fold equity from many hands you want to fold ie. 33-99 , QJ-A10 ect.

So basically , your hand gains equity in the pot by forcing most hands out, where as calling a push with 22 is only giving you the equity that the hand has against that players pushing range. Which is usually very bad.

So you turned a possible +ev situation (on a tight table) into a deffinate -ev situation planning on limping with the plan to call a push.

But as for 22 UTG, I think its agout 50/50 here, but I would just fold. I think any two push from button or small blind is much better.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 AM

A totally stupid moronic play. I did one just like this a while back and got hammered by the forum. I got lucky witgh my hand, and posted it thinking it was a good play, but the reasoning of fellow 2+2ers showed me the error of my ways!

You are either a huge dog or at best a slight favourite. But utg has shoved over a limper from utg, which means he has a much better hand than if he just shoved from utg+ 1 with the first in vig.

Drop it pf, its just not strong enough. I would tend to shove 55+aj+ here

Shoving pf would not have been as bad as the limp/call, but folding would have been significantly better than anything else.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:00 AM

An UTG shove from this position unless your table is ultra weak tight and will give you the blinds here almost EVERY time should probably be 77+ AQ+ and nothing else, you still have plenty of time as you just fell beneath the 10BB mark... dont make this play because the blinds are about to run through you, you have enough time before this is going to crush you... basically even shoving UTG with 22 is VERY negative expected value and thats giving you first in vigorish to boot

<font color="blue"> Also I'd like to take the time right here to apologize if this post and the ones before it seem harsh but I think every1 just wants you to understand why it is such a bad situation to put yourself in... </font> [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]