Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Nut flush draw faces aggression

i didnt read everything but raising UTG+1 preflop is eliminating opponents with a drawing hand. Why would you do that? The point of Axs is to build a big pot to play for so you should limp-reraise preflop if you must raise. Then when you flop a four flush you have all kinds of odds and a huge pot to win when/if you hit.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:04 AM

Grunch

Preflop: Fold. A6s is not a raising hand from MP1 in this situation. It might be at a tight table with tight blinds but you have just sat down so i assume you dont know if both these conditions are true.
Flop: You have flopped the nut flush draw and an OESD which leaves you with 17 outs. However i believe we have to discount some of the OESD outs as yours is the bottom end of the draw. But i'm not sure how much we discount this for. (i might find out when i read the other replies to this post).
As for the action i believe a call is in order given BB's check/raise and getting 4.7:1 for a call.
Turn: As played call is fine.
River: Interesting. You have hit a straight and its been checked to you. Did you consider a bet for value?

In answering your questions i dont believe a preflop raise was ok, i dont 3-bet this flop and i dont raise this turn
Old 01-05-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River: Interesting. You have hit a straight and its been checked to you. Did you consider a bet for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

pajo, you might want to take another look at the board. If Hero bets this river, it's certainly not for value.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt read everything but raising UTG+1 preflop is eliminating opponents with a drawing hand. Why would you do that? The point of Axs is to build a big pot to play for so you should limp-reraise preflop if you must raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Hero is MP1 here, not UTG+1. And Axs doesn't always have to be played as a "drawing hand". There are certainly times and occasions where a pre-flop raise is certainly correct (open-raising, raising in position after one or two loose limpers, etc.). I'm not saying this is one of those situations, but don't narrowly put Axs into a category of hands and play it only one way.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Preserves > Jam > Jelly and it's not even close.

Some of you are exercising poor breakfast table selection and obviously aren't used to spread games.

I'm still trying to figure out when to raise Axs. If I have 7 people left to act after me, I always limp. Am I missing some good opps and should I consider raising on tight tables?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pajo, you might want to take another look at the board. If Hero bets this river, it's certainly not for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, misapplication of the value betting concept on my behalf then. Is betting here ever correct when villain checks?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, misapplication of the value betting concept on my behalf then. Is betting here ever correct when villain checks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Value-betting is betting when the percentage of time you expect to win the pot > the percentage of bets you're putting in the pot if you get called. Given that you're playing the board, this cannot be a value bet. That said, you answer your own question. What needs to be true in order to consider betting, what's that called, and what's your plan if c/r'ed?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM

grunch
preflop: limp don't raise.
flop: don't 3-bet. Just call.
turn and river are good.