Old 11-29-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: ** OFFICIAL \"Heroes\" 10/27/06 Thread **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either way, this show sucks for two reasons:

1) too many commercials

2) the hour goes by too quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Heroes have more commercials than the standard 1-hr TV show?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I think kills it for a lot of people is that 5 or so minutes a show are just repeating the end of the previous show. Really sucks that they are doing this.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

4) If the Haitian can neutralize powers - why could Nathan fly away when he was cornered outside the hospital in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]
This needs to be explained.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might have to concentrate to use it. Nathan's ability to fly so well caught them off guard. Or maybe there is more to him than just the ability to fly.

Also it looked like the cop was almost able to defend himself the from girl's ability to use her jedi mind tricks. Maybe as he gets stronger he can neutralize her in his mind.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My only question is:

Since when is a multiple personalty disorder a super-power?

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought this. Ok, she's hero-strong, but she could have done everything she's done so far as just crazy-chick strong.

Pixie-chick was def hotter six months ago!

Hiro 'came back' to the same time where waitress-chick got de-brained, since Ando was waiting around for him after his disappearance without any change in circumstance. Maybe if he tries to change anything drastically in the past, he immediately zips back to the present? I don't remember exactly, was he trying to do anything when he jumped back?

The plot has more holes than Swiss cheese, you can't think too hard about it, it won't hold up.

However, I did notice: Music by Wendy Melvoin and Lisa Coleman! I thought the soundtrack was revolutionary [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I did notice: Music by Wendy Melvoin and Lisa Coleman! I thought the soundtrack was revolutionary [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
AND they had Puffy Amiyumi in the Japanese bar scene. Also, pixie girl: Clearly hotter now than six months ago.

Also, Haitan - does he really neutralise powers? I thought he just had something related to mind control: He can read and rebuild people's minds, so it seems natural that he can stop his mind being read. He could have stopped the politician from flying away, but he would have had to take control of his mind first, and it seems that he needs to be ready to do that first.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
AND they had Puffy Amiyumi in the Japanese bar scene. Also, pixie girl: Clearly hotter now than six months ago.

Also, Haitan - does he really neutralise powers? I thought he just had something related to mind control: He can read and rebuild people's minds, so it seems natural that he can stop his mind being read. He could have stopped the politician from flying away, but he would have had to take control of his mind first, and it seems that he needs to be ready to do that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Haitan can only neutralize powers when he's hiding in the shadows looking creepy. It doesn't work in broad daylight.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 PM

I just finished watching all the episodes to present day. Some thoughts:

1. Does Claire not feel pain? I don't get why she does retarded stuff like taking buns out of the oven with her bare hands.

2. Micah seemingly having the same power as Sylar is interesting. Setup for a superhero vs. supervillain.

3. Maybe Nikki actually doesn't have a superpower, only mental problems. On the other hand, she was on the proffessor's list. Is her superpower that she can channel dead people?

4. The Hiro time travel plot is not as bad as some in this thread make it seem. He can change the past, but we have yet to see him be able to change someone's destiny in the past. He can change what happens, but when he tries to take waitress with him to Japan to change her destiny (getting killed by Sylar), he pops back to his own time. The plot outlines a difference between him changing someone's destiny himself (his waitress girlfriend) and him telling someone else something real quick before he goes back to the future (save the cheerleader, save the world). The problem seems to not be changing the past, but staying in the past while you are changing it.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Does Claire not feel pain? I don't get why she does retarded stuff like taking buns out of the oven with her bare hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems pretty clear that Claire doesn't feel pain.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She cried out in pain when her brother stapled her hand, didn't she?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yes. It is of course possible that that was an act so her brother wouldn't think he was a freak, but it looked like it was supposed to look like real pain.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, but she only got the full skill recently, hence bleeding for long enough to go to hospital & get stitches, and not noticing she had it til she was 16 or whatever.

I guess she just feels less and less pain, or only feels a little bit of pain now.