Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more girly?
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 4 13.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 17 56.67%
I garden and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 3 10.00%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Dick Vitale makes me vomit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Duke is not a Sweet 16 team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd say that they're a decent bet to make it. I certainly wouldn't make a bold proclomation one way or the other just yet though. But they have a great coach and a lot of smart players who will most likely improve a ton over the course of the season. They have a dominant big man, a solid PG, and a decent perimeter scorer in Nelson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt McRoberts will be very "dominant", Paulus is solid but doesn't seem much more than that. Nelson has shot pretty well from behind the arc this season, but has been horrible in the years past. Who else do they have? Pocius and a bunch of unproven freshmen? McRoberts seems like player who's good for about 14-10 a night. that's far from dominant. I stand by my proclamation of no Sweet 16.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me: yes they are
you: no they're not
Me: but they so are
you: no way dood
Me: omg why you so stupid?
you: nuh uh

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is we're both acting like rejects? IMO last year's team was much better than this years and they got bounced in the round of 16. Last year I would have agreed with a Sweet 16 prediction, hell maybe even an elite 8. but this year I think you have to talk your blue shaded glasses off.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'd say that they're a decent bet to make it. I certainly wouldn't make a bold proclomation one way or the other just yet though. But they have a great coach and a lot of smart players who will most likely improve a ton over the course of the season. They have a dominant big man, a solid PG, and a decent perimeter scorer in Nelson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt McRoberts will be very "dominant", Paulus is solid but doesn't seem much more than that. Nelson has shot pretty well from behind the arc this season, but has been horrible in the years past. Who else do they have? Pocius and a bunch of unproven freshmen? McRoberts seems like player who's good for about 14-10 a night. that's far from dominant. I stand by my proclamation of no Sweet 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my proclamation that prediciting in November whether or not a team will win two games in March when we don't even know their opponents is just pointless.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my proclamation that prediciting in November whether or not a team will win two games in March when we don't even know their opponents is just pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY? Even if I dialed

Old 11-29-2006, 02:07 AM

In my mind Dick Vitale = Lee Corso. I don't like either of them.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hate him. Despise duke, who has assembled a laughable team this year. A bunch of white guys that suck, McRoberts being #2 on my most hated and overrated list, and Paulus #1. I hate greg paulus, he is pathetic and vitale talks about him like he is good. Hoyas gonna dominate them on saturday (i hope).

[/ QUOTE ]

squeeked one out against IU tonight...the Dookies are a [censored] laugh this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how people talk about this being a huge down year for Duke, but they'll still likely make at least the sweet 16 and are miles better than UNC was a few years ago. But people like to forget those types of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of this time I mentioned that someone who is a Duke fan from Wisconsin doesn't know what it's like to suffer terrible years supporting a team and he pointed toward a season where Duke made the NCAA tournament as a terrible season which brought about great suffering.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 AM

I have no experience with him personally (I hope people don't mind if I drag this thread back ON-TOPIC) but everyone I know who has met him have had good things to say. I could do without 100% of his commentary, though, regardless of who is playing.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:50 AM

He is unbelievably annoying but as others have said, he is good for college basketball

He certainly fellatiates Duke, but he also does so for the entire ACC.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is unbelievably annoying but as others have said, he is good for college basketball

He certainly fellatiates Duke, but he also does so for the entire ACC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think he pretty much gushes over whoever he is covering. It just so happens that he is usually covering the ACC, and lots of times Duke or UNC.

I think if ESPN had the Pac 10 contract hed been fauning all over UCLA and Zona. I just don't think anyone has the time to closely cover every major converence so his rankings and stuff tend to favor the conference that he does cover.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of this time I mentioned that someone who is a Duke fan from Wisconsin doesn't know what it's like to suffer terrible years supporting a team

[/ QUOTE ]

i know terrible years all too well, i'm also a brewers, bucks, marquette, and packers fan, but that duke team definitely sucked despite making the tourney [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]