Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: iTunes Help (End of My Rope)

I dont think it is that easy to remove the DRM from iTunes music, and it doesn't just port over to another player.

however, if the music still plays on your iPod you can problably hook the headphone out to the line or mic in your PC and record it in another format.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM

buy from amazon DRM free, better quality, cheaper
Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think it is that easy to remove the DRM from iTunes music, and it doesn't just port over to another player.

however, if the music still plays on your iPod you can problably hook the headphone out to the line or mic in your PC and record it in another format.

[/ QUOTE ]

re-encoding the files via headphone jack would be crappy because it reduces the quality.

i'm sure that has to be a way to get rid of the DRM, and then probably re-import the songs as new files i guess.

the Amazon.com suggestion sounds decent too... I really wouldn't support DRM coded music.

another option is to google for "yamipod", it's a free utility that can copy music to and from ipods and would probably avert most DRM.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
buy from amazon DRM free, better quality, cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeees, and while you are back in the past put a bet on the Rockies making the World Series in 2007 and you'll be rich!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

re-encoding the files via headphone jack would be crappy because it reduces the quality.

i'm sure that has to be a way to get rid of the DRM, and then probably re-import the songs as new files i guess.

the Amazon.com suggestion sounds decent too... I really wouldn't support DRM coded music.

another option is to google for "yamipod", it's a free utility that can copy music to and from ipods and would probably avert most DRM.

[/ QUOTE ]
*cough* http://tunebite.com/en/remove_drm/ */cough*
this works extremely well but it costs $ which sucks but will remove any drm for any file that you are licensed to play... you could always loop it through your speaker out to mic in but the quality is god awful then.