Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Radical Islam vs. Radical Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
Radical Christianity is just as threatening as Radical Islam

[/ QUOTE ]

Not said by me but Rosie O'Donnell. To tell you the truth I really don't like Rosie at all but does she have a point here?

evangelicalright
Old 09-16-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Radical Islam vs. Radical Christianity

Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda. Seems about as bad as anything Islam has to offer.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:11 AM

No, she doesn't have a point. When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me. These radical Christians in the US, Falwell, Robertson etc...try to influence politicians and voters to adopt their agenda. I disagree with many things in the agenda, but at least that is the American way.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, she doesn't have a point. When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me. These radical Christians in the US, Falwell, Robertson etc...try to influence politicians and voters to adopt their agenda. I disagree with many things in the agenda, but at least that is the American way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they, the evangelical right influence the politicians to go into Iraq? Or was that just the Bush administrations idea?

I guess a better question is. Is the evangelical right radical Christians?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did they, the evangelical right influence the politicians to go into Iraq? Or was that just the Bush administrations idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of people in the Bush Administration, plus many of the war hawks outside the Administration, who are not radical Christians. I didn't support the Iraq war, but we did have a vote in Congress to authorize it. The American people can choose to vote out members of Congress who voted differently than they wanted them to vote. I am not sure how that compares to radical muslims who commit acts of violence . I think it is a huge stretch to call the Iraq war a product of radical Christianity.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of people in the Bush Administration, plus many of the war hawks outside the Administration, who are not radical Christians. I didn't support the Iraq war, but we did have a vote in Congress to authorize it. The American people can choose to vote out members of Congress who voted differently than they wanted them to vote. I am not sure how that compares to radical muslims who commit acts of violence . I think it is a huge stretch to call the Iraq war a product of radical Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

When an Iraqi hears Democracy the first thing that pops into their heads is Christianity.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When an Iraqi hears Democracy the first thing that pops into their heads is Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are apparantly just making things up now, let me say that when a baby hears applesauce, the first thing that pops into their heads is the theory of relativity.

The ironic thing is the same people who say the Iraq war was started by the Christian fundamentalists probably also say it was orchestrated by the predominantly Jewish Neo-Cons. It can't possibly be that an administration made up of people who believed in the necessity of the war began the war.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Do abortion clinics count?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When radical Christians hijack planes or blowup subways or trains, get back to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Do abortion clinics count?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you doing here? Good point either way
Old 09-16-2006, 12:39 AM

His ban expired or was lifted. I even hijacked a thread in ATF to welcome him back.

Back on topic, I disagree that radical Christianity is as dangerous as radical islam for the simple reason that I could count the number of Radical Christians I have heard of that want to murder people on my fingers. I also find it contemptable to call people essentially taking a political position dangerous, although calling their policy positions dangerous is fine (and the positions are dangerous).