Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 5, Sat., July 14 **

Wow
Old 07-15-2007, 12:02 AM

Here are a few players some may not know but are super nice people and I am rooting for to make a deep run.

Whatever about Reps name, he is really a nice guy who is friendly and will never say a discouraging word about anyone at the table...this will be much better for poker than the normal young douches they choose to highlight. He plays 1-2 to 4-8 hundred limit hold em and mixed games as well as some no limit too at the Commerce and Bellagio and is from Seattle.

Ray Henson would be a great story and is a great guy as well. He has so many well respected friends in the poker industry and just has not ever received the breaks.....He is probably one of the best players left that is just not known....he is one of my best friends and you will often see him hanging out with JC Tran, FBT, Grinder, Robbie Miz, Ed Moncada, Chris McCormack, and Joe Tehan.....the list is very long and he will have an allstar sweat team if he continues his roll through this event... he currently sits at 4 million and had the chip lead with 6.2 million but that only lasted one hand as he immediately picked up kk and ran into aa....Good Luck Ray hope to sweat you Tuesday....

Ayaz Mahmood is a player Im sure most of America wont be rooting for (cause he looks like Borat) but that is only cause they have nver met him...Talk about a nice guy and a class act Ayaz is one of the nicest, good luck Ayaz.

Maria Ho....the anti Brandi....nice classy and good player...she has been around poker for a couple years and has been playing 100-200 limit up to about 3-6 as well as some mid stakes no limit....good luck Maria, it would be great for poker and women to have you represent them in the coming years.

David Baker
Old 07-15-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's more of an Andy Black type of blow up.

What could have made him jam so much in?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a donkey?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:15 AM

Chk out the Kenny Tran pokernews interview, he made a sick call recently on an 8 high 4 flush board with a8 no heart for like 90% of his chips..

Guy is goood..
Old 07-15-2007, 12:18 AM

The next money jump occurs when the 54th elimination takes place. Right now, players are getting $154,194. The 54th place finisher will receive $190,053, which is a pretty significant increase. Typically, play would tighten a bit before the jump, but there tends to be a little more activity after the dinner break, so it may not be slow at all. Here's my prediction: We'll have to wait and see. (Risky prediction, I know.)
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chk out the Kenny Tran pokernews interview, he made a sick call recently on an 8 high 4 flush board with a8 no heart for like 90% of his chips..

Guy is goood..

[/ QUOTE ]

If his opponent had the 2h in his hand, he'd suddenly be a donkey. We'd be wondering why he'd risk nearly his whole tournament life, after several days of play, with such a call.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 AM

I thought that call was terrible then, it was the same as the Deb Blair call.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 AM

Floyd Clark Eliminated in 59th ($154,194)
Board:

Ayaz Mahmood raises to 130,000 in late position. Floyd Clark is all in for 445,000 in the cutoff. "I'm lucky against you," Clark says, with one hand on a beer. Clark has . Mahmood calls with . The board comes and Lee Childs tells the rail, "I mucked tens!" Clark is out and Mahmood is at 2,420,000.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Henson would be a great story and is a great guy as well. He has so many well respected friends in the poker industry and just has not ever received the breaks.....He is probably one of the best players left that is just not known....he is one of my best friends and you will often see him hanging out with JC Tran, FBT, Grinder, Robbie Miz, Ed Moncada, Chris McCormack, and Joe Tehan.....the list is very long and he will have an allstar sweat team if he continues his roll through this event... he currently sits at 4 million and had the chip lead with 6.2 million but that only lasted one hand as he immediately picked up kk and ran into aa....Good Luck Ray hope to sweat you Tuesday....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray is definitely a great guy, see my "Go ray" post above. Haven't seen him for a while, and we were never really that tight, but that makes the story a little better.

Anyhow, I went with him and Bolivia (once described as a professional strip club patron) to a titty bar a long time ago, maybe 4 years. We all got split up, and I managed to go busto there (yeah I'm an idiot). So I had no cash, and no money available to ATM. He woke himself up, and went down to meet me at the Bellagio to pay the cab for me.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:24 AM

Blinds are 20K/40K (5K)

CURRENT CHIP LEADER

Dag Martin Mikkelsen with over 5.7million

ZOMG! Look @ all those salmons [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]