Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Default BEAT: One of the Worst Days of my Life

So, it's been an interesting little stretch here, BBV4LIFE. No CN for this tl;dr, just read the damn thing. Somewhat of a recap at the bottom.

So my girlfriend of 2.5 years' father died on thursday. We're both 20, and he was only in his mid 40's. Totally unexpected. He's been living on an army base teaching soldiers, and just collapsed in his room from a massive heart attack. She calls me screaming that two soldiers are on her front porch and i need to be there NOW.

I spend every free hour i have consoling her and her family this weekend, which consists of her mom and two younger siblings who now have no dad. Her mom is a Filipino (Navy marriage: Navy man brings home and marries Filipino wife) lady who is very dependent on him to keep the family stable. She is very *ahem* crazy normally, controlling, strange, etc. but now she goes into full out crazy mode. I don't know how the family is going to function now, it's going to be hard. Hopefully they'll all pull through it, but things are gonna be rough with the rock of the family gone. Plus the Filipino wife and dad's family don't exactly see eye to eye about ANYTHING, and she obv. has no family in the states at all.

So yesterday (saturday) i meet up with my girlfriend at bruster's ice cream to try and get her away from all the stress of having family around and everything. We are at Brusters when her little 9 year old cousin starts having a seizure.

She had been complaining about how hot she was, apparently, and the adult aunt had kinda ignored it. Just a couple minutes after i got there, she starts convulsing and spasm-ing. We have to rush her into air conditioning and use cool rags to cool her body and stuff, and it turns out she is fine in the end. We later learned she was *this* close to having a heat stroke. FUN.

So as me, my girlfriend, and her younger sister are leaving the brusters I GET INTO A CAR ACCIDENT IN THE PARKING LOT. Perfect. I've not had a ticket or anything in 4+ years of driving. The officer told me the insurance company will probably find me at fault, although i strongly disagree, so that's also great. Probably not be able to pay for the insurance. I have to stand around in the sun and wait for the officer for at least an hour or two, and we are stranded.

When we get back to her house, her mother is ready to unleash a hurricane. She is irrationally angry that we missed a rosary service at the house, because of the seizure and accident. The service is at the house becasue her dad's body is at the house, and is staying from saturday night until monday morning, when the funeral is. It's a filipino thing apparently. This is freaking out my girlfriend, who does not want to sleep 20 feet from her dead dad's body.

Because I got in an accident, the mom says "No leaving this house until after the funeral, period. GF protests and she and her younger sister want to spend the night at the hotel with out-of-town relatives. They're both really freaked out by this, and refuse to sleep in the house. GF starts sobbing (lots of sobbing going on all this weekend), and the mom says 'If you leave this house, never come back!'

so dealing with an unexpected death of the GF's father and destabilization of her family, 9-year old having a seizure, car accident (my first), GF's mom threatening to disown her 2 days after her father died. Good times.

Eventually her mom had sense talked into her, and apoligized. She just lost her husband, but threatening to disown your daughter is pretty serious. The little cousin is fine now, and my GF and her sister slept in a hotel room with out of town family. Funeral is tommorow (monday).

Man what a day. I don't really know why i'm posting this or what kind of replies i expect, but it feels good to write it down. Pls no jokes about the death, i can't stop you but it won't be funny. The interwebs are serious business man.

Anyway, i just thought this was BBV4LIFE worthy. What a day, man. And i got to sleep at 2:30 and had to wake up at 5:00 and drive 12 hours today (sunday).

what it do.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: BEAT: One of the Worst Days of my Life

Fold. You're not pot-committed here.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM

hope things go better

heres some birfday cake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is making me laugh.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM

Wow, that is a seriously [censored] weekend. Sorry to hear it.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is making me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Srsly, sorry about the weekend.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM

dayum
Old 06-10-2007, 09:14 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hope things will turn for the better.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:19 PM

At least you have a hot young Filipino GF.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM

brutal weekend man, sorry to hear it