Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2006, 02:47 PM

Default Looking down on smokers?

Do you non-smokers tend to look down on people who smoke? I realize that I do. When I see someone smoking - epsicially at work - I just think they look pathetic. I saw a woman outside the mall sucking down smoke I guess on her break. Again, pathetic. Anyone get this feeling?
Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Looking down on smokers?

Yes.

But I don't let it affect how I treat them or anything.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 AM

This is a little weird.

I look down on them if they're a stranger, and I don't think they're like bad people or whatever, but they're definitely considered of less strong moral and intellectual character and than someone who doesn't smoke.

I'm interested in stats in general on criminals to see if there's a higher percentage of criminals that smoke. Meh.

Also, I look down more on the younger smokers than older smokers, and elderly smokers I don't look down on at all.

If they're someone that I know, whether I like or dislike them, I don't look down on them for their smoking. This is largely because I probably am aware of other aspects of their identity that are more relevant to me at the time.

So yeah, young (less than 30) strangers yes, older strangers somewhat, and people I know, no.

In particular, I'm most likely to judge a young smoker as less trustworthy, less intelligent, and less kind, as someone who doesn't.

Some of this probably stems from the fact that the most visible smokers at high school had a few huge [censored] in their crowd.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:03 AM

I look down on people who say stupid things more than smokers.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just keep in mind that I'm being as honest as I can here. I don't really like what I'm saying or necessarily feel that it's academically true... this is just like a subliminal perception of smokers, particularly young smokers, and exclusively strangers.

And I don't treat them poorly as a result.

This is actually kinda neat in that it's one of those like "evil" thoughts that you shouldn't have, that harms you just by having it. But regardless, there it is.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 PM

na i dont care if ppl smoke, as long as they dont blow the [censored] in my face. It really doesnt bother me
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 AM

I've been smoking and drinking since I was 15 (I'm 18 now) and the next person to come up to me on the street and tell me that smoking is bad for my health, is getting smoke blown right in their faces. Do you know why?

Cause i know you [censored] morons!

If you smoke weed and you don't smoke cigarettes and you posted in this thread about cigarette smoke making you sick.

BLOW ME!!!!

weed smells like cow [censored], and it also makes me sick. I'm trying to find a job and it doesn't help getting a lungfull of weed smoke. Cigarettes are legal, weed is not. So people who smoke weed are breaking the law, smokers are not.

If you look down on me for smoking, I look down on you for being an idiot. Does that clear things up?

Oh, I smoke and drink because I love the feelings of both. There's nothing better than having a very delicious ciagarette (mmmmmm) right after you chug a delicious beer.

MMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmmMMMM! Smokey!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in stats in general on criminals to see if there's a higher percentage of criminals that smoke. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoking correlates well with many lousey life choices not limited to unprotected sex and drug abuse. Smokers also test out less intelligent, no surprise.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 AM

joecash - I also look down on serial kilers and Yankee fans.