Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 03:32 AM

Default NL25 AK, stupid villain

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($12)
MP3 ($23.75)
CO ($29.45)
Button ($17.85)
SB ($4.75)
BB ($13.70)
Hero ($26.20)
UTG+1 ($24.50)
MP1 ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.95</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.95, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $0.95, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.70.

Flop: ($3.90) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.25</font>, BB calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.9</font>, UTG+1 calls $4.90, CO calls $4.65, BB folds.

I wasnt comfortable leading into 3 ppl. Was a bit scared some1 has AQ. After it goes check to CO i know i have best hand and raise it up. Made a little overbet cause of faultly mouse wheel but its not a big deal.

Turn: ($18.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25.

They both call my raise. I cant lead into them, can I?
CO bets out again agressivly 0.25$.

River: ($19.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $5</font>, CO folds, Hero?

I'd like to strangle CO. AK is no good here, huh?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: NL25 AK, stupid villain

You bomb the flop and then check call mini bet on the turn?? Just because you got called in 2 spots is no reason to think your not still good here, you're up against a weaker ace and a draw more often than not. I'm shoving this turn like its my job.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 AM

i would not consider shoving, get to a cheap showdown.

your play on the flop play is horrible because you made such a strong move into so many players that only better hands are calling.

also, CO and UTG+1 are working together.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, CO and UTG+1 are working together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this happen a lot?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Lead the flop. You need to protect your hand in a multiway pot.

As played sick spot on the river. I can't see anything you beat except a bluff, AJ or AK for a split. But you are getting 5:1 on the call, so you have to win only 17% of the time to make this a +EV call. With no reads on villain I would take the odds just for information.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah you have to bet on the flop you can't run the risk of giving so many people a free card. If somone has AQ, you can figure that out later, it is only 1 of many possible hands, most of which you beat.

You overbet the pot and were called by two people so I don't blame you for slowing down on the turn.

The river is fishy as hell, I would probably not want to play with those two people anymore. I don't think it's 100% they were working together as it seems like that person likes to bet his quarter alot anyway, but i'd be wary. I think your getting a good price on a call so I might make it but we are probably beat.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM

I'd suggest leading the flop (probably bet/folding). If you elect to checkraise I'd just shove the turn. The pot is big and most of the time its a bad ace and a flush draw or two flush draws and two bad aces.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:22 PM

A couple tough spots here. I'm leading flop, though, probably for $3.50. I think you have to defend against the flush draw. If someone has AQ, as you fear, I thing you'd find out in a hurry. I don't see how when it gets checked to the CO who bet's a quarter, you "know" your AK is good. Any of the villains who checked could be planning a c/r as well, or the CO may be just trying to incite a raise.

When your raises gets smooth called by the two players behind you, that is scary, but I think you have to lead turn next, too. Otherwise you look like you just made a move on the flop, and are weak. By c/c the .25 bet, you're letting the flush draw see essentially a free card, too - not good.

I think we're behind on the river here - not necessarily a flush though. You never really got any information as to whether someone was hanging around with AQ or even another 2 pair/set. If I'm in UTG+1, I don't put you on a flush here at all, with you c/c a .25 bet on the river. You look awfully weak there on the last 2 streets.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 PM

If you don't cbet here you should either not play this deep or not play AK.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't cbet here you should either not play this deep or not play AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss a memo about always cbetting top pair? Is it a rule like straight flush beats 4 of kind?
Sometimes c/c, c/r or c/f is superior to betting in these spots. 1. You get more information about others hands (say action is bet raise allin (easy muck)) 2. Your hand is better disguised and more likely to get paid off 3. Easier to control pot size (As hero correctly stated generally you aren't looking to get allin with TPTK unless the villains are very call/bluff happy)