Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here are the details on the Mark Seif/stuckinpgh HH release. It's a series of emails, read from top to bottom.
. . .
Mark Seif says (10:51 PM):
people are saying i could see his hole cards because i beat him pretty badly after i took a short break , probablt to smoke
yes lasy year
i have agreed to expose my hole cards
. . .
AP Support Guy says (10:52 PM):
viewing other player's whole cards real time
. . .
Mark Seif says (10:55 PM):
well of course xxxxxxx but i dont know why anyone would have a problem with me showing the public my hole cards\
. . .
Mark Seif says (11:09 PM):
there are all sorts of lies and exaggeration out there and i dont really know how to set the record straight except to provide access to my hole cards
. . .
AP Support Guy says (11:10 PM):
if people think that you had access to other player's whole cards
. . .
AP Support Guy says (11:23 PM):
and explain that once you had that ability to see other players' whole cards, you would continue to use them up until recently
. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

For everyone who thinks this transcript is faked --

In this text, hole cards is spelled properly as "hole" every time by Mark Sief. Hole cards is spelled incorrectly as "whole" every time by AP Support Guy.

Granted, it could be a plant to make the transcript seem more legit. But, much more likely IMO, this isn't a fake and this chat happened between two different actual people.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here are the details on the Mark Seif/stuckinpgh HH release. It's a series of emails, read from top to bottom.
. . .
people are saying i could see his hole cards because i beat him pretty badly after i took a short break , probablt to smoke
yes lasy year
i have agreed to expose my hole cards
. . .
AP Support Guy says (10:52 PM):
viewing other player's whole cards real time
. . .
Mark Seif says (10:55 PM):
well of course xxxxxxx but i dont know why anyone would have a problem with me showing the public my hole cards\
. . .
Mark Seif says (11:09 PM):
there are all sorts of lies and exaggeration out there and i dont really know how to set the record straight except to provide access to my hole cards
. . .
AP Support Guy says (11:10 PM):
if people think that you had access to other player's whole cards
. . .
and explain that once you had that ability to see other players' whole cards, you would continue to use them up until recently
. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

For everyone who thinks this transcript is faked --

In this text, hole cards is spelled properly as "hole" every time by Mark Sief. Hole cards is spelled incorrectly as "whole" every time by AP Support Guy.

Granted, it could be a plant to make the transcript seem more legit. But, much more likely IMO, this isn't a fake and this chat happened between two different actual people.

[/ QUOTE ]

what horrible, nonsensical logic

edit: nobody is saying it didn't happen. it almost certainly did take place, only they were in all likelihood reading off some sort of script. one party misspelling a word repeatedly does not prove or disprove anything.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (10:48 PM):
everything being demolished by a couple of stuipid and ignorant maniacs

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't AP's official statement point the finger at one person (the consultant), not two people?

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (10:51 PM):
ok well that was not possible in Feb last year for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the AP Support Guy know the details about when users could see hole cards?

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (10:55 PM):
well, the issue is a quite sensitive one these days as you understand

[/ QUOTE ]

So there are certain hand histories that AP won't release without approval from higher ups?

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (11:18 PM):
ok mark i just got the confirmation that we do not have the hand history from feb 2006
AP Support Guy says (11:18 PM):
it's not about being properly saved

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. The hand history was properly saved, but AP doesn't have it?

[ QUOTE ]
AP Support Guy says (11:19 PM):
hey Craig
Mark Seif says (11:19 PM):
??
AP Support Guy says (11:19 PM):
i'm trying to invite Craig
Mark Seif says (11:19 PM):
who is craig?
AP Support Guy says (11:20 PM):
he's in charge of our servers
AP Support Guy says (11:21 PM):
he's not answering

[/ QUOTE ]

How convenient. Maybe Craig can dig up Mark's hand history.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This AP Support Guy seems to know a lot about how a player would act if he had the ability to see everyone's hole cards.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM

can we get a tea leaf reading expert in to analyse the statement too? how about a psychic woman to determine whether she is getting the right vibrations from mark seif?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Im sure this conversation went down either as described or slighlty altered but it seems incredibly obvious that Seif was planning to release the transcript and was trying to come across all 'look, this is how I was talking in private, it's obvious I'm innocent!!'. Whether support was in on the gig is not clear. Whether Seif is actually innocent and was just putting on this act out of desperation to try and get the truth out or not, is also unclear.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what horrible, nonsensical logic

edit: nobody is saying it didn't happen. it almost certainly did take place, only they were in all likelihood reading off some sort of script. one party misspelling a word repeatedly does not prove or disprove anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people have said the chat never happened. I'm not saying it gives any credibility toward the conversation as being totally accurate, but I believe it gives credibility toward the conversation as not having just written by one person.

If it was a fake, it would seem to me like someone would have written it to look like a chat transcript rather than having actually used a chat program.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I don't think it's being done to a script, but there is no way that is a genuine, unprepared conversation as it is being presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, it's not like I'm betting money on Seif not speaking for the record knowing that it was going to be posted here. I'm just saying the actual conversation probably happened/is at least verifiable.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we get a tea leaf reading expert in to analyse the statement too? how about a psychic woman to determine whether she is getting the right vibrations from mark seif?

[/ QUOTE ]

She'd be about as believable.

EDIT: Dean: I think that's spot on.

Call me crazy-ape-bonkers, folks, but 30 Gig per month seems awful high for HH. It's nothing special: a bog-standard text file, not many gaps, I mean - 30 gig per month?

Can someone who knows more than I do confirm that's a realistic figure?

I only ask because it's a clearly fact-checkable statement in the transcript.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM

Royal,
You brought up some great points in your post, although I don't agree with all of them. The first three points you made were very good, but this one strikes me the most...
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't AP's official statement point the finger at one person (the consultant), not two people?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amazing, and I can't believe I missed that.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Somebody should compile a new thread of adanthar and Nat's responses to everyone. I open these threads and all I do is search for their posts as I consider the rest pretty meaningless to even bother reading as 99.99999% of everyone elses comments are purely based upon what those two guys have done.