Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Official 2007 NHL Offseason Thread

I just signed up (Mighty Donks). I also just realized I accidentally missed a draft for another league. My "awesome lineup"...

1. (7) Jarome Iginla RW
2. (18) Martin St. Louis RW
3. (31) Daniel Sedin LW
4. (42) Thomas Vanek LW
5. (55) Henrik Sedin C
6. (66) Matt Carle D
7. (79) Michael Cammalleri C
8. (90) Martin Biron G
9. (103) Nikolai Khabibulin G
10. (114) Brian Campbell D
11. (127) Christian Ehrhoff D
12. (138) Michal Rozsival D
13. (151) Daymond Langkow C
14. (162) David Vyborny RW
15. (175) Martin Erat LW
16. (186) Thomas Greiss G

That's some [censored] goaltending and D (especially considering I have two effing Sharks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). My offense isn't so bad. Wonder Twin powers activate!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:48 PM

Someone rate my fantasy draft

1. (2) Dany Heatley RW
2. (15) Jason Spezza C
3. (18) Ilya Kovalchuk LW
4. (31) Daniel Sedin LW
5. (34) Henrik Lundqvist G
6. (47) Patrick Marleau C
7. (50) Thomas Vanek LW
8. (63) Bryan McCabe D
9. (66) Zdeno Chara D
10. (79) Justin Williams RW
11. (82) Ryan Miller G
12. (95) Sergei Zubov D
13. (98) Markus Naslund RW
14. (111) Manny Legace G
15. (114) Paul Kariya LW
16. (127) Patrik Elias C
17. (130) Joe Corvo D
18. (143) Roman Hamrlik D
19. (146) Nathan Horton C
20. (159) Martin Erat LW
21. (162) Sami Salo D
22. (175) Fredrik Norrena G
23. (178) J.P. Dumont RW
24. (191) Michael Ryder RW

I am likely moving Norrena for Budaj as well.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 PM

I think Vanek, McCabe, and Miller at the spots you got them at are pretty good deals.

BTW, bluef0x, is the fantasy pool you're talking about the one I'm already in? (2p2 league?)
Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump... need more people for fantasy hockey!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be interested. I kind of know how it works but if someone wants to brief me that be great. Also, besides the inital draft how involved with trades and stuff do you have to be?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump... need more people for fantasy hockey!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be interested. I kind of know how it works but if someone wants to brief me that be great. Also, besides the inital draft how involved with trades and stuff do you have to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be involved, but I'm sure everyone would prefer that the league is active. As long as you are turning in your lineups and trying to compete, I'm happy.

G-bebe, you're in the league.

If anyone wants to join, it's league 20428 and the password is supbro. Live draft is scheduled for Thurs at 7:45PST, but I can change that if anyone can't make it.

In real NHL news, the Pitt-Buff outdoor game is sold out and the NHL BOG has agreed to change the schedule for next season. Most likely going to reduce the divisional games to 6 games per rival instead of 8 and play every team at least once.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and the NHL BOG has agreed to change the schedule for next season. Most likely going to reduce the divisional games to 6 games per rival instead of 8 and play every team at least once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's probably going back to the old way. Everyone got their panties all in a bunch over the current schedule, but as far as I can recall, it was really just intended to be a money saving quick fix post-lockout (less travel expenses for some of the more strapped teams). Now that they'll complete a cycle of seasons in that format (every team should have hosted every other team at least once since the lockout), they can switch back to a "play everyone" schedule again.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In real NHL news, the Pitt-Buff outdoor game is sold out and the NHL BOG has agreed to change the schedule for next season. Most likely going to reduce the divisional games to 6 games per rival instead of 8 and play every team at least once.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. i liked the change to the schedule. i don't need to see more of the edmonton oilers or minnesota wild.

i found that when i had the center ice package, i would invariably watch eastern conference matchups.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and the NHL BOG has agreed to change the schedule for next season. Most likely going to reduce the divisional games to 6 games per rival instead of 8 and play every team at least once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's probably going back to the old way. Everyone got their panties all in a bunch over the current schedule, but as far as I can recall, it was really just intended to be a money saving quick fix post-lockout (less travel expenses for some of the more strapped teams). Now that they'll complete a cycle of seasons in that format (every team should have hosted every other team at least once since the lockout), they can switch back to a "play everyone" schedule again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seems like the Eastern teams finally agreed to change.... not really sure why they would, though. They save quite a bit of money playing opponents that are a drive away rather than across the country. They also stay in the same time zone. Not to mention the eastern rivalries are usually guaranteed sell-outs. It's a pretty big advantage business-wise as well as competition-wise. Maybe the owners realized the league would generate and retain more fans with the new schedule and that would pay off in the long run? I really don't know...

Glad it's changing as a fan though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 10:47 PM

3.5 month offseason is way too long
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If anyone wants to join, it's league 20428 and the password is supbro. Live draft is scheduled for Thurs at 7:45PST, but I can change that if anyone can't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I signed up, team name NHLswede.
I won't be available until nxt monday though for a live draft, but if its held before that according to the FAQ I can just pre-select a list of player I'd like and if they're available I get them, and if not, it will automatically pick the highest ranked player (according to yahoo fantasy) for me correct?

Also, not sure if this idea will garner any support, but anyone be interested in making a small wager for this say around $20-50? Transfer and holding of money could be done on Stars or Full Tilt. I wouldn't feel comfortable holding the $, but I wouldn't mind shipping it to someone in the league to hold if someone would like to. Obv if that person decides to be a douche and run of with the money that would suck, but it would be such a small amount I'm not really worried about that.