Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 10:40 PM

Default College Football Recruiting Thread

I know some of us have been discussing things in other threads, so in light of John Brantley(Gatorade National Player of the Year) switching from UT to UF, I thought I'd post since signing day isn't too far off. I'm really in to UF recruiting but I'm not familiar with many other teams' recruiting. If you know your stuff post about your team and the highlights of their class, etc. Everybody has different needs and may not always need 25+ player classes, so avoid the "ranking" discussion and the rankings are usually very awful as it is.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:02 AM

Default Re: College Football Recruiting Thread

How does the coaching change at Arizona State change their recruiting outlook?
Old 12-21-2006, 02:42 AM

I hear this ron zook character is pretty good at this recruiting thing you college football nuts keep talking about. If only someone on this board knew something about him and would post about him. Oh well...
Old 12-21-2006, 05:32 PM

For Bama it's really gonna be tough to hang on to the top guys we have right now. I know Jermaine McKenzie who is a playmaker wr out of Florida already de-commited and committed to Miami and I have a feeling it want be the last. All of our commits are saying they're still committed at this point but that they will also have to get to know the new coach whoever that will be. I think we're safe with all the instate guys but the guys from Florida kind of scare me especially Robert Marve and Chris Lett. Marve has had an awesome senior season and his recruitment has picked up huge but I'm hoping since UA came knocking when no one else was he'll stick with his commitment. Oh yeah congrats on Brantley as well

I know Zook pulled a pretty big upset landing Arreleious Benn who was considered a Notre Dame lock since day one.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:36 PM

brantley was an awesome pickup. Alot of people who are following recruiting are bashing Coach Meyer for even recruiting him, but I think he's a smaller version of Tebow that is a much better pocket passer.

The Gators also picked up Bo Williams, who looks like a fast, strong back who should make an impact within the spread offense.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:59 PM

I follow recruiting for Nebraska, and they are absolutely cleaning up this year in what will be a top 5-10 class. They just had 6 players sign this week (early signing period) including 4 jc's: the #1 cb Armando Murillo, #1 safety Larry Asante, #1 qb Zach Lee, and a top 3 dt Shakuree Barfield. Having all of these guys on campus early for spring ball is huge. The 2 highschool seniors that signed early are qb Patrick Witt a top 20 qb, and rb Marcus Mendoza, who is one of the best all purpose backs in the country.

What's also great is that they have beaten Oklahoma head to head for every prospect they've both been in on so far, and if Antonio Burkes, one of the top og in the nation, committs to NU tomorrow over ou as rumored, it will be a clean sweep. The Huskers will sign 29-30 players this year, and I've already heard a couple predictions from guys in the media who aren't exactly pro Nebraska, that this class will win a MNC.

What's also scary for the rest of the Big 12 is that they've become a recruiting force in Texas. If they can get te Jacob Amie to committ (currently committed to T. Tech as a wr), they'll have 7 incoming freshmen from the lonestar state, and all of these guys are studs. Amie would be a huge get, because right now the only thing lacking in the Huskers offense is a big play te. If they get him, their offense will basically be unstoppable.

The stud of the freshman class is certainly Niles Paul, one of the top 5 wr in the country out of Omaha. He's Ahman Green's cousin, and trained with him last summer. I guess when the other Packer players first met him, they all thought he was a rookie who just graduated college, lol.

Btw, I know Brantley decommitted from UT because his parents and grandparents live near Gainesville, but isn't he aware that Tim Tebow is already there? Even if Brantley redshirts next year (and everyone knows how much the top flight qb's like to redshirt, lol), he'll only have 2 years to start.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:06 PM

Yea, I saw that today, and quite frankly I think Bo Williams is a bigger get than Brantley in terms of the Gators' needs. He's an absolute stud rb with power and sprinter's speed, and he's the perfect fit for Meyer's offense. I believe he received over 80 scholarship offers. He visited Nebraska during the Nichols St. game, and it appeared to be a 2 dog race between fsu and nu after that, but once Quentin Castille, an Earl Campbell clone, committed, I knew he wouldn't be coming to Lincoln. I was surprised he picked uf over fsu. Best move for him, imo.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:10 PM

Definetley the best move for him, because FSU has no O-linemen and as of right now it doesn't look like this class is going to help them much in that regard.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:55 PM

Chris Rainey got bumped up to 5 stars on Scout. About time. He's sick.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:39 PM

Rainey = WR at college level, correct?