View Poll Results: PICK ONE OMG
BLdSWtCUm 61 37.20%
BooostachE 69 42.07%
MAFCKINDONNA 15 9.15%
MJs_COACH 19 11.59%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Guitar Heroes - GAME THREAD

More than 5000 years ago, the first guitar was created. And for countless generations, the basic concept of the instrument remained unchanged. Strings were plucked to generate vibrations, and the hollow wooden body amplified these vibrations to create noise. Some used the acoustic guitar for solos and melody. Others used it for chords and rhythym. This was before the time of electricity. Before amplification. Before distortion.

In the middle of the 20th century, the electric guitar dramatically changed the musical landscape. While an electric guitar could still generate a clean and pleasant tone, it could also generate a harsh and abrasive tone. For the first time, the guitar could be used as a percussive instrument. A new musical genre was born which featured unprecedented intensity and rythymic complexity. This genre is now known as Metal. While being clearly established by the 1980's, debate exists as to what was the first true metal song. Where does Hard Rock end, and where does Metal begin? Is The Beatle's Stg Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Paul McCartney performs it live in 1990), from 1966 the first metal song? Where does Deep Purple's 1972 song Smoke on the Water (live in 1975) fit in? Other bands of the time such as Led Zeppelin, Cream, and The Who also played a role in developing the sound of metal, but they are usually classified as rock bands. Black Sabbath, commonly considered the first metal band, formed in the late 1960's and released their first album in 1970, although their music is far different from that of the bands to follow them.

By the late 1970's, many true metal bands were emerging. While the public was often distracted by the antics and lyrics of the most extreme metal acts, behind the scenes there were many talented musicians developing the metal genre. The public's exposure to metal often began and ended with pseudo-metal bands such as Val Halen, Kiss, and Motley Crue, which were little more than noisy pop bands. The underground metal bands were constantly working to increase the speed and complexity of their songs. As ambitions swelled, the music grew even further. In the 1990's, various metal sub-genres began adding keyboards, violins, choirs, and even entire orchestras to enhance their sound.

The metal bands of the past 25 years have produced much of the most intricate and technically challenging music of any aspect of pop culture. However, these musicians are treated with nothing but contempt by the media and the ignorant public, in part due to their confusion over what metal really is. The 1990's brought dark times to the world of metal, when Korn led the way in popularizing a new style of music known as nu metal. Bands such as Limp Bizkit became infamous for their angst-driven, profanity-ridden rapping, played over top of embarrassingly simple guitar riffs which have nothing to do with any true forms of metal, aside from the fact that they are played with an electric guitar.

There are 23 of you gathered here today. Amongst you are 5 nu metal rappers (wolves), a stain on the fabric of all that is metal. 18 of you are innovative guitar heroes (villagers), which include 3 truly outstanding musicians. One of you is Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. You are so talented that you can actually stare into someone's soul, and read it (the seer). One of you is Jon Nödtveidt of Dissection. While you were a fabulous songwriter and guitarist, you were unfortunately a despicable human being, convicted of murder in 1997 before you committed suicide in 2006. Every other night, you may kill one player (the vigilante). One of you is Chuck Schuldiner of Death. In contrast to Jon, you were an extremely likable fellow. Unfortunately, your battle with cancer depleted you financially, and in 2001 you ultimately succumbed to pneumonia. You now reside in heaven, where you may look after one player each night (the angel).

<u>The rules:</u>

Night will fall at 9 PM Eastern every night except for Saturdays (which will run until Sunday night). At that time, the votes will be tallied and the player with the most votes will be killed. In the event of a tie, a coin will be flipped. Players may lock in their vote by writing "lock vote" in bold. Locked votes may not be changed. If a majority of the players have all locked their vote on the same player, Night will fall immediately.

No one may post at Night.

Each Night, including pregame, the seer may peek one player to learn their role. All communications with players deal only with role names. No one is told anyone's character names, including their own, until the death writeup. If no peek is submitted, he will be told the identity of one random villager that he has not previously peeked.

The wolves have the option to kill one player at night. They may choose not to do it.

The vigilante may kill one player every other night, beginning Night 1. He may choose to save a kill to use on a future night, but cannot use two kills at the same time.

The angel (referred to as the doctor in the signup thread, and also in the role pm that I sent out), may select one player to protect from death each night. He can save regular villagers and wolves from death repeatedly, but if he prevents the death of himself, the seer, or the vigilante, then that player will become wounded, and cannot be saved again. No one will be informed that this has happened.

At Day, the deaths and roles will be revealed, but you will not be told who was responsible for each death.

Wolves may not chat privately during Day.

Any questions should be PMed to me.

Anyone that does not post on d1 will be replaced.

IT IS STILL NIGHT.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Guitar Heroes - GAME THREAD

bobo
bulletproof eskimo
chuckles
clowntable
dmk
dustin
fcbl
gt1t
jared
jeff
kev
luckay
neil
nez
nich
oldtimey
reno
scott
spaca
spook
supine
thesmell
tokyo

18 of you are innovative metal guitarists. 5 of you are sucky nu metal fools. None of you are from Amon Amarth. Why is this? Well, because the guitarists from Amon Amarth weren't very innovative. In fact, they aren't even really good at playing the guitar. Their live performances contain a lot of blatant mistakes on simple riffs.

However, they do make pretty cool music, and since no one is dead yet, I need a video to post.

Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings (live)

IT IS DAY.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 AM

Smash Durron over the head with a guitar
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 AM

whats up

not sure how late i'll be up tonight- its weird with day starting like this

i'll be masons with chuck for now
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 AM

Also I finally 5*ed Psychobilly Freakout today on expert. So I finally got the log. Took way too long. Now to try to FC some songs. Managed a -8 on Less Talk More Rokk. That -8 was only losing combo twice. Might have to FC that now. Strutter and X-Stream still need FCs as well. GL fcing Mother GT1T.

Alright I think I am done with GH ramblings now
Old 08-13-2007, 02:07 AM

yeah I'm used to missing Day 1 almost completely. Weird being able to post now
Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 AM

I only played guitar hero for a week when my brother came with his x-box

I got up to woman on hard which I couldnt beat
Old 08-13-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I finally 5*ed Psychobilly Freakout today on expert. So I finally got the log. Took way too long. Now to try to FC some songs. Managed a -8 on Less Talk More Rokk. That -8 was only losing combo twice. Might have to FC that now. Strutter and X-Stream still need FCs as well. GL fcing Mother GT1T.

Alright I think I am done with GH ramblings now

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck,

At my local card room someone would be screaming ENGLISH ONLY if you started to babble like that.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 AM

vote nez
go to sleep.