Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 12:50 PM

Default New version of SNG Spreadsheet (2.7e)

There's a new version of the 2p2 Sit-and-Go Spreadsheet (some of you may remember this as the latest incarnation of the Aleomagus SNG spreadsheet). The main changes to this version (version 2.7e) are enhancements to the Poker Tracker import functionality. It now supports importing from the postgreSQL DBs and also handles the new PP format where buy-in and fee are combined. There are also several miscellaneous bug fixes in both the SS as well as the import.

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from http://www.bluefeetpoker.com/2p2SNGspreadsheet.zip (thanks to Bluefeet for hosting).

To import from your postgreSQL DB, just make sure you select it from the dropdown on the Import dialog (in most cases your old Access DB will be selected by default if you converted it).

There is also a new option on the import configuration screen where it allows you to import any combination of buy-in/fee that add to the total specified. In other words, if you specify 10+1 and check the checkbox, it will import 10+1s, 11+0s, and even 9+2s (if there were such a thing and anyone was foolish enough to play them). It sounds a little confusing but just try it and I'll be clear.

Feel free to PM me any question on the import functionality. Slim Pickens handles any spreadsheet formula issues.

Happy Analyzing!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: New version of SNG Spreadsheet (2.7e)

Anyone know where I can DL SpreadSheet?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:57 PM

The link is right in the OP
Old 03-05-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To import from your postgreSQL DB, just make sure you select it from the dropdown on the Import dialog (in most cases your old Access DB will be selected by default if you converted it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the Import dialog?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm only OK at Excel.

~ Rick
Old 03-05-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the Import dialog?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm only OK at Excel.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem -- it's the little screen that comes up when you hit the "Import from PT" button. Have you used the SS before? If not, just follow the directions on the ReadMe tab.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 PM

df or Slim, I have a fix I would like to be implemented in the spreadsheet. I reported an issue to Slim several months ago and finally created a fix for it. Who should I PM?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:50 PM

Default SnG Spreadsheet for Speed Junkies! (2.7f)

The link at the top of this thread now points to a new version of the SnG spreadsheet (version 2.7f). This version allows you to separate Party Speeds and Normal SNGs when you import them into the spreadsheet. This currently only works for Party. Here's an example of how you'd use it if you were playing 11s, both speeds and normals, and wanted to keep them separate:

1) Go to the SNG1 tab. Put 10 in the buy-in field and 1 in the fee field. (no change from previous versions). I'd suggest changing the text in B1 to something like "$11 Party (Normal)" but this is optional.

2) Go to the SNG2 tab. Do the exact same thing, but make the text "$11 Party (Speed)"

3) Click the "Import from PT" button (on either page -- doesn't matter which).

4) Click "Configure". Configure everything like you have in the past, but notice the new Drop-down under the Poker Sites checkbox for "Party and Affiliates" (it's disabled unless you have Party selected).

5) Select "Normal Only" in the Speed drop-down.

6) Click "Next" and do that exact same thing for this sheet, except select "Speed Only" in the Speed drop-down.

That's it -- when you import, it should put them in the corresponding sheets. BTW, the default option is "Both," so if you don't do anything, it will combine them the way it always has.

For those that are interested, the only way I've been able to come up with to tell the difference is by looking at the table name. If it starts with "Speed ", I assume it's a speed tourney. Anything else is considered a regular. If Party ever changes this, it will break (and we'll have to go back to the drawing board).

Feel free to PM with questions/bug reports.

[ QUOTE ]
df or Slim, I have a fix I would like to be implemented in the spreadsheet. I reported an issue to Slim several months ago and finally created a fix for it. Who should I PM?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a problem with the PokerTracker import functionality, I can handle that. I believe Slim is still addressing any issues with the spreadsheet formulas and/or graphs.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: SnG Spreadsheet for Speed Junkies! (2.7f)

holy [censored] i just downloaded this and it looks very nice. good work to all who helped make it.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:16 AM

I have been tryin to use this excel sheet for the past couple of days. It is a really sweet looking thing. I can open it fine osmetimes. I enter all my data and go to save and it asks me to save in a new version or old one (97-2003 format). When i try to save it freezes every time.... excel then spikes the memory up to about 230-260k mem usage and then i am forced to close excel via taskmgr. I dont know if it isnt working because I have a beta unreleased form of microsoft office 12 or what. Anyways some input would be great.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been tryin to use this excel sheet for the past couple of days. It is a really sweet looking thing. I can open it fine osmetimes. I enter all my data and go to save and it asks me to save in a new version or old one (97-2003 format). When i try to save it freezes every time.... excel then spikes the memory up to about 230-260k mem usage and then i am forced to close excel via taskmgr. I dont know if it isnt working because I have a beta unreleased form of microsoft office 12 or what. Anyways some input would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sent you a PM...