Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Big Break: Mesquite

Link.

Is anyone else watching this? I've been hit-and-miss on past seasons. I generally enjoyed it but couldn't get into the routine of recording it. And quite frankly some of the golfers weren't very good and were probably pissing off people on the tours by scoring exemptions.

This season though, play seems much improved. Mostly I'm paying close attention because one of the contestants, Brian Kontak, is my old nemesis growing up. We'd take turn winning most of the local junior events from about the ages of 9-13. So far he's considered among the favorites to win (disclaimer: I recorded last night's ep and plan to watch it tonight, maybe he was eliminated) and has done a good job of backing that up with solid play. That said, he is surrounded by a bunch of very solid players though.

Quick note: I was told that on Tuesday nights at 7PM, when the new eps air, Kontak and other contestants watch it at K. O'Donnell's bar in North Scottsdale (O'Donnell is also a poker player who has made final tables at both the WSOP and WPT, I believe). I guess they turn up the volume and it's a good time. Going to try to make it up there one of these weeks before the season ends.