Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Official Weekend Movie Thread <SPOILERS IN WHITE, PLS>

El D..if you do see Breach let me know what u think. I know I should see it, at the very least for work purposes, but ryan P just so annoys me that I feel the urge to wait for video.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:41 AM

I saw Breach in an on-campus screening. The students thought of it as a sleeper but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw three movies this week:
300 (in IMAX): The visual effect was amazing. I saw it the first time on computer and thought it was freaking awesome. The best advice I can give someone, though, is to watch it in IMAX if you haven't seen it, and don't dish out $14 to watch it IMAX if you've already seen it.

Shooter: I went in with a very low expectation and had a pleasant experience. However, the ending was a bit "eh" and the plot was predictable. Marky Mark tried to be funny at times but failed miserably at such. Glover was evil but did not make me hate him. Overall, I'd give this movie a good way to waste 2 hours.

TMNT: Come on, I grew up watching this and had an hour and a half to spare between 300 and Shooter. So I watched it for old time's sake (I watched it even in Taiwan, even played the game on Super Nintendo). I will say one thing: the critics are right about how bad the movie was. But the idea has sooooooooooooo much potential. I can see this franchise, if done properly, beat out both Superman (the new one) and Spiderman. Why is this geared toward little kids, when the people that watched it while growing up are around 20 years old and up? We want real action and special effects (300 style), villains that are nearly impossible to beat but bow down to the invincible heroes (my beloved 4 turtles), a romantic sideplot to satisfy the girlfriend, but most of all, an intriguing storyline that does not force half of the people in the theater to leave before half of the movie is even over. There is several people that work in the movie industry in the forum; anyone know someone that works on TMNT and can lead me to him? I hate to see so much potential going down the drain @^#U*$^RUJDEGHTR@$%^@Y&amp;#%Yw This movie is F- as of now, and that's being very generous.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Blades of Glory was typical Will Ferrell fun. Better than Talladega Nights but not as good as Anchorman.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Official Weekend Movie Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<u>Disturbia</u>...I'll wait for video though David Morse will probably be good as the psycho.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't feel like looking it up...is this actually a Rear Window remake, or are they just ripping it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing that popped into my head to when i saw the trailer this weekend.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 PM

David Morse is an amazing actor. I will watch this movie just for that reason alone. I don't know if I will end up seeing it in the theatre though.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:33 AM

Blades---nothing special..some funny moments but more dull ones. Adam Mckay needs to be in the credits for it to be a very good Will Ferrel comedy.

Lookout--good but nothing special..1st half is more interesting than the second.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:22 AM

CDF,

You know which movie trailer looks good? Fracture, with Gosling and Hopkins.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 AM

"300, by far the best movie of the year at this point."

Best looking maybe, but the plot is pretty much THIS ISSSSS SPARTAAAAAAAAA
Old 04-01-2007, 09:13 AM

TMNT was absolutely terrible. I watched it just to give it a chance, but they absolutely butchered it and made the worst choices possible when deciding what direction to take the series.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CDF,

You know which movie trailer looks good? Fracture, with Gosling and Hopkins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

Thought it looked solid as well.