Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Live 50-man rebuy - steal/resteal scenario

Playing in a 50-man Rebuy tournament. There were a large number of rebuys (93) in the rebuy period, so there are a lot of chips around, mostly concentrated in a few large stacks. Field down to ~25, Blinds 100/200; tourney has become a pushfest as remaining small stacks fight to survive. Blinds going up to 200/400 shortly. I've been pushing as my M goes under 10; in the last 1/2 hour, I've been all in with J10, A10, and AA. I've been pretty TAGgy all night, but was moved to this table just as the blinds started really pushing the field. CO has been involved in a few hands, no showdowns. Button is large stack playing pretty tight to preserve his lead for later. Hero is SB. BB is good tight player with short stack. Table is down to 6 players, other reads irrelevant for this scenario.

Stack Sizes:
UTG: ~t6000
UTG+1: ~t2000
CO: t2400
Button: ~14000
Hero: t3900
BB: t2000

Pre-Flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds CO bets 475; Button folds; Hero . . .

This looks like a steal attempt to me. BB will almost certainly fold whether I raise or not, unless they wake up with a big hand. My choices, as I see them, are to fold and wait for something better, call and look for a favorable flop, raise to about t800, or raise AI for a resteal. I've been thinking alot about my steal/resteal strategy, and so your thoughts on this scenario would be helpful.