Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

very read dependent... villain will was very tilted and had bluff c/r before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 AM

stupid LO8
I hope they appreciated my donation

gnight
Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 AM

the end of days is nye. I actually played more NL today than limit, and *GASP* had more fun playing NL.

then again I was two tabling and playing about 32/25, so maybe that is why it was more fun. I also won a decent amount playing NL.

the dark side was really calling till I got on a heater at a 10/20 6max table and picked up a quick $1k. I guess I'll keep grinding at the LHE for a while longer.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the end of days is nye. I actually played more NL today than limit, and *GASP* had more fun playing NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

I ended up 6 buy ins playing about 35/25. 4-betting J7o is fun and so is getting a 19/14 TAG calling my 3-bet with A9o and shove 150bbs on 9xx flop against my 99 because ZOMG YOU 3-BET ME EVERYTIME!!

That cts video was so [censored] amazing. Not only did it show a funny and profitable way of playing NL. But damn he is good at explaining.

Also funny comment when he called a 3-bet in position and villain checked a Qxx flop: "So he opted to check just to let me know he has top set"

el
oh
el
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

I ended up 6 buy ins playing about 35/25. 4-betting J7o is fun and so is getting a 19/14 TAG calling my 3-bet with A9o and shove 150bbs on 9xx flop against my 99 because ZOMG YOU 3-BET ME EVERYTIME!!

That cts video was so [censored] amazing. Not only did it show a funny and profitable way of playing NL. But damn he is good at explaining.

Also funny comment when he called a 3-bet in position and villain checked a Qxx flop: "So he opted to check just to let me know he has top set"

el
oh
el

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was telling a friend that his video revolutionized the way I think about 6max lhe online. Basically the strategic paradigm has shifted. As the games have gotten more TAG, the new fish is the TAG who can't properly adjust for the LAG. Sure you can still play straight up value against the LP fish, but being able to run over the game is more profitable (per table) and is probably much more applicable at higher stakes.

I was playing at one table on AP, and I was running at 35/32 pf, and they were still folding to my pfr and flop c-bets an alarming amount of the time.

also you may have seen my post earlier in the thread where I 4-bet resqueezed a TAG with A9o because a bad LAG donator had CC his 3-bet. and then bad LAG shoved pf with K3s when I was getting 5-1 to call. Winning a $335 pot with UI A9o was pretty hilarious.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 AM

'The Bryce' is doing a Well post in the Stoxpoker forum. For those of you who dont know the kids a beast and apparently up ovef 2 mill this year playing the big limit games.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also you may have seen my post earlier in the thread where I 4-bet resqueezed a TAG with A9o because a bad LAG donator had CC his 3-bet. and then bad LAG shoved pf with K3s when I was getting 5-1 to call. Winning a $335 pot with UI A9o was pretty hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I saw it. Pretty sweet!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

el
oh
el

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was telling a friend that his video revolutionized the way I think about 6max lhe online. Basically the strategic paradigm has shifted. As the games have gotten more TAG, the new fish is the TAG who can't properly adjust for the LAG. Sure you can still play straight up value against the LP fish, but being able to run over the game is more profitable (per table) and is probably much more applicable at higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

meant to say revolutionized the way I think about 6max NL online. but I'm sure you guys got what I was going for.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.25
UTG+1: $21.25
CO: $20.05
Mattnxtc: $20.90
SB: $45.50
BB: $18.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Mattnxtc is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Mattnxtc raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Mattnxtc bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Mattnxtc checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Mattnxtc raises</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8BB
Mattnxtc showed Kd Kh
SB mucks Jc Qd

I was fairly certain villain never has the ace after his flop play. Decided to make sure he didnt fold anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
this seems lieka pretty bad turn check

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why its here and not in its own thread haha.

I was afraid I would lose him on the turn if I continued betting and he didnt have at minimum the queen, but I was fairly confident he would be out any river. I was really pleased with it when I did it, but lookign back...betting all streets is probably best and with that river card he may have led the river anyways.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Hand #1303011671000372: St.Moritz (Turbo, 6-max) 11671

Dealt to HERO [ Tc 7d ]
UTG: calls
MP: folds
CO: folds
BTN: calls
SB: calls
HERO: checks
*** FLOP *** [ Qc, Ac, Kc. ]
SB: bets $1
HERO: calls