Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Flotsam and Jetsam (LC?HC?)

[ QUOTE ]

Big Limpin,

I have found these heads up things in HE anyways are nasty: either you beat the guy and he leaves or he takes a small amount off you and realizes you are too good and leaves. When they take just a small amount and get the hell out it can be very annoying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my previous experiences have been the same. The only opponents willing to stay for a while are the ones you are evenly matched with. So you both sit there and pay rake.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you limp > __% from the SB heads up please advise where the table is

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

welll, thats what i'm asking. You tell me whats a good amount. Can i NEVER open complete? I'd get picked to pieces if i raised every hand, so then i'd have to open fold more. Theres sure some % of hands a limp makes sense? Or should i stick with the philosophy of raising every hand i'm going to play with?

My "intuition" was that you could come in passive with more hands than in Hold'em. If the hands run further apart in value (in draw), then my medium hands are valued based on what HE has, and i want to see him act twice in a row before i put my money in.

stripsqueez, instead of % , could you ballpark a good hand range? I'm used to SB-BB confrontations in a full ring, where BB is button. But there im raising most any medium pair or better (~40%)...but for 0.25BB, I'll only fold the real hopeless hands. An ace, small pair, cathop, whatever, ill just limp in. <--weak-passive?

So in heads-up, the SB now has button, so should i be raising more of my "meh" hands like A-K and 44? KQs and 88?

(Q2) if theres been a good one, can you link me to a headsup draw thread? like from the archives? big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if you do!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 PM

also, seeing as this is the F&J thread, heres someting to share, i want your opinions on:

A PM i received about a month ago:
[ QUOTE ]

5CD
The pool of folks at Stars draw is small... and not terribly lucrative. I think it doesn't serve your best interests to post strategy on a game that has so few players in it. When Stars opened draw, I made $44/hour for the first month but the games have dried up and I find I am making $12-$15/hour these days. Might be a good idea to not share your strategy because it risks the other players getting better.
[forum member] is on my I-can-beat-him-but-not-by-enough-to-be-worth-playing list. The last thing I want is for folks like him to get BETTER!
Good luck out there... as long as I am not at your table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opinions? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 PM

welllll

heads up is heads up - its very opponent dependant

with 1/2 blinds your making a mistake not open raising every pair and against lots of opponents more hands than that

open completing isnt much of a play - you need to balance your big hands and your 3 betting when raised or an expert opponent will get a big edge - ultimately what hands do you genuinely want to open complete ? - your probably going to say the small pairs - i say if you open complete them you throw away your equity of getting a fold by open raising and allow your opponent to draw for free

you need a ruthless care free instinct to play heads up limit draw well

stripsqueez - chickenhawk