Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 PM

Default help remodel my bathroom

clarkmeister got some good feedback so I thought our latest project might be threadworthy, particularly since we are in the early stages.

background: I live in a small nyc apartment, we redid our kitchen last year ourselves and we are much happier with it, and now want to do the same thing to our bathroom, which sucks.

right now, we are in the design phase and have some ideas but aren't sure about some other things. I've posted some pictures below, if other angles help or something isn't clear I can post more.

notes so far:

- pretty sure we are going to rip out the tub completely and just have a shower. I talked to a broker and he said he didn't think it would hurt the resale value since it's not really a family apartment or anything.

- I have no idea where to look for a good vanity/sink. we went to lowe's and looked around, both of us like a stone top (possibly cultured marble) with an undermount sink. obviously it's a small space so having a lot of storage and no wasted space is key.

- we are not really sure about having tile halfway up the wall like it is now, would definitely like larger tiles on the floor.

any and all design suggestions are much appreciated! much like friction on inclined planes in high school physics, assume budget is a non-issue for the purposes of this thread.