Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 AM

Default PLO tourney hand final table

This is the final table of the nightly 4k guarantee on FTP.

Table is very tight preflop, except bb who is running super hot lately. I have one of the most active images with lots of raising pf.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $3000/$6000
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16108
CO: $131116
Hero: $125880
SB: $51736
BB: $215160

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $18000</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($39000, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $24000</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($87000, 2 players)
BB checks.........

Shove or check turn?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: PLO tourney hand final table

I only shove turn if BB will fold wrap. Your flush draw will be good the vast majority of the time if you flush and he will pay off with on river if you check the turn. Given that there is a stack with less than 3 BBs at table, shoving here seems pretty risky.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 AM

i just shove here - you may well have the best hand, you have a good draw and when you FT play only for the win
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM

BB's likely to make a lot of loose gambly calls and you have zero showdown value. I'd probably just check behind and try to hit one of my 15 outs. If you were the chip-leader instead of BB and you thought they were just a general weak player instead of someone playing fast and loose, then a shove would be better.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Shove - BB has enough chips left after the flop bet to lay a marginal hand down somewhat painlessly...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB's likely to make a lot of loose gambly calls and you have zero showdown value . I'd probably just check behind and try to hit one of my 15 outs. If you were the chip-leader instead of BB and you thought they were just a general weak player instead of someone playing fast and loose, then a shove would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have decent showdown value with our QQ pair. I think villain villain is drawing to straight and/or two pair alot.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 AM

id shove it because the villain in the hand has alot of chips and he can lay down a missed draw without being committed to the hand and still have 170k which is an above average stack. he probably peeled the flop with some sort of straight draw.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB's likely to make a lot of loose gambly calls and you have zero showdown value . I'd probably just check behind and try to hit one of my 15 outs. If you were the chip-leader instead of BB and you thought they were just a general weak player instead of someone playing fast and loose, then a shove would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have decent showdown value with our QQ pair. I think villain villain is drawing to straight and/or two pair alot.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree, I think you should shove and expect him to fold quite a lot.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Don't know if its too soon for results, but I shoved because the pot was huge and I didn't think he would be calling very often. Unfourtanely he had 2267ds turned a set instacalled my shove river blanked and that was that. I think checking is bad, because he can still has 20%-45% equity but will often fold which is very good due to the large pot size.

I find these tourney's end game very odd to play as there is a ton of FE preflop, but idk what kind of calling ranges, and resteal ranges should be used with these shallow stacks. Basically I'm not sure if I should be more willing to call, raise, or resteal with 5568, kj64, or Axxx. Its especially hard since you can't pokerstove against ranges, and even if you could it seems as if your always getting proper odds, so its not a matter of fact of whether the play is +ev but if its the most +ev for that situation. Anyone with more experience or who has run some numbers please feel free to speak up.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 PM

Standard.