Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: PP Cruise

Just to add, the limit cash games were really good and almost always had a good selection of 20/40 and 40/80. I also remember them spreading a 100/200 holdem/omaha8 game and a 100/200 and 200/400 straight holdem.

I primarily played the 40/80 game and luckily had my camera at the table for one of my sessions. This was my favorite photo from cruise:

This pic is of my brother playing who he thought was a fish at 200/400 head up that turned out to be one of best holdem players that few know about (Ray D.) Btw, my brother is the infamous Dr_Zoidberg2 from partypoker. He grinds the 1/2 and 50 games lately and about 9 months ago got 3rd, 1st, 1st 3 weeks a row in the sunday special.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:36 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Anyone who spends any substantial time playing poker on this cruise has issues.

I intend to play as little poker as is humanly possible, barring the tournament. It's a vacation for crying out loud.

Edit: Now that said, a juicy $100/200 could lure me away but I still won't be there long.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:36 AM

Ray D. is Dreamclown right? Which one is which in that picture?

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Enon,

Can I go there with like 10K in hand and just buy in?

Best,
Matthew

Edit: Doesn't cruise leave from Miami?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I still thought my brother was coming with me, I emailed partypoker asking if he could buy in directly just for the tourney and they said it would probably be fine if he brought the $10400 on the boat.

Just email PP asap and confirm this for yourself.

-Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

ha. I did. They told me it was $2500 entrance fee. F-It. I'll just shout "GO ENON! at every opportunity."
Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Anyone who spends any substantial time playing poker on this cruise has issues.

I intend to play as little poker as is humanly possible, barring the tournament. It's a vacation for crying out loud.

Edit: Now that said, a juicy $100/200 could lure me away but I still won't be there long.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've also said this before...
Old 02-16-2006, 12:56 PM

Now what about those of us who aren't high rollers... I keep hearing about the 20/40+ games going on. What about 3/6? 4/8? 200max NL?

Some of us don't play the bigger games, I'm wondering if I'll be the minority on the boat.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 PM

They have a ton of 3/6, 6/12 and 10/20 games going.
Maybe even 2/4 limit.

Pretty sure they have 1/2 and 2/5 no-limit.

I spent my cash-table time on last year's cruise playing 6/12 and 10/20.

Most of the players on the boat were online-qualifiers.
So this tournament actually should have LESS high-stakes action than most major poker tourneys.

If you want to slum it at the low-stakes tables like me it's not a problem at all.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray D. is Dreamclown right? Which one is which in that picture?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray D. is on the left and its NOT DreamClown. I think DreamClown is a 21 year old who goes by Ray D. on the NWP messageboard but I'm 100% positive its not the same person. Eugeneel told me the username on NWP was some inside joke.

My brother Matt was playing a 1/2 game and some random guy who hadn't been in the cardroom until that point came over and asked if anyone wanted to play head up 2/4. My brother agreed cause he ran really well in the 1/2 and 2/4 full game the first 2 days and his confidence was high.

It was pretty funny that he camer over to my 40/80 table in the middle of their match breathless with excitement over the fact that he'd found this really fishy player who went lots of bets with king high against my brothers set.

A winning commerce 1/2 player at my table is telling me to warm my brother that hes playing a world class player. My brother lost in that match but still felt he played well. I think that game eventually got 4 handed with 'Little Nickie' and some other random internet player.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Enon,

Can I go there with like 10K in hand and just buy in?

Best,
Matthew

Edit: Doesn't cruise leave from Miami?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I still thought my brother was coming with me, I emailed partypoker asking if he could buy in directly just for the tourney and they said it would probably be fine if he brought the $10400 on the boat.

Just email PP asap and confirm this for yourself.

-Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

ha. I did. They told me it was $2500 entrance fee. F-It. I'll just shout "GO ENON! at every opportunity."

[/ QUOTE ]

First time I emailed about it I got a dumb response too but just another email with the first line specifying that you'd like your question refered to someone dealing directly with the cruise.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 AM

perhaps vip@party would give a better response.

C/S reps who tell you that the poker tournament costs $2500 should automatically be told that you want to speak with a different customer-service rep who knows what they are talking about regarding the cruise.