Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Horrible ESPN article about PPA and on line poker

just sent him this........

For you to characterize poker players as "calculated liars, convicted cheats and general obfuscators" is absurd. How many poker players do you even know? I have been a professional poker player for several years now, and the overwhelming majority of people I have met are decent human beings. I met more people of questionable character in my previous job as a high school science teacher than I have as a professional poker player. It is no longer the "wild west" at the poker table, but why would you let that fact get in the way of a good story? You're just as bad as the people you attack in your article.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... "calculated liars, convicted cheats and general obfuscators" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he's talking about congressmen ("before they even get to the poker table"). He seems personally anti-poker, but this article did nothing to outrage me. I don't get it. Maybe I need to research this book everyone's talking about too.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I responded...everyone else who reads it should, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding my how to think Dom......... Do you cry-babies realize that you are actually siding w/ Jesus-Freak DN on this issue? Furthermore, EVERYONE, even the author of this article is entilted to his oppinion. Moreyetstill, said author did a better job stating his oppinion than most of you crybabies did in this tread. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Humble,
What does DN's religious beliefs have to do with anything? He actually wrote a good rebutal to the story. As for the author of the article, of course he is entitled to his opinion. The problem is that he was passing off his opion for knowledge. The less misinformation about poker in the media, the better for us.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that he was passing off his opion for knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please site examples from his article to support your claim. Obviously there is nothing wrong w/ siding w/ DN. As for his religous beliefs and anyone elses for that matter, that's a whole new thread. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 PM

write here. The author doesn't care.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2097428
Old 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM

I thought the article was pretty funny, actually. Then again, I think most political rants are funny, and that's what this was, a political rant. In this case, poker was the vehicle for the mudslinging.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... "calculated liars, convicted cheats and general obfuscators" ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he's talking about congressmen ("before they even get to the poker table"). He seems personally anti-poker, but this article did nothing to outrage me. I don't get it. Maybe I need to research this book everyone's talking about too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea parts were aggravating but overall it didn't seem THAT bad to me either. The SportsGuy comment I referenced is much worse.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding my how to think Dom......... Do you cry-babies realize that you are actually siding w/ Jesus-Freak DN on this issue? Furthermore, EVERYONE, even the author of this article is entilted to his oppinion. Moreyetstill, said author did a better job stating his oppinion than most of you crybabies did in this tread. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like making a subtle attack on DN's opinions, while stating (with emphasis) that everyone is entitle to their opinion. [censored] like this cracks me up.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding my how to think Dom.........

[/ QUOTE ]
Judging from just that one sentence, you still need reminding.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you cry-babies realize that you are actually siding w/ Jesus-Freak DN on this issue?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know who this is. And I don't care. And he can side with me on whatever issue he wants.

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, EVERYONE, even the author of this article is entilted to his oppinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate being entilted. More than that, I hate it when people are unable or (more likely) unwilling to see the difference between criticism and censorship.

[ QUOTE ]
Moreyetstill,

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh god!

[ QUOTE ]
said author did a better job stating his oppinion than most of you crybabies did in this tread. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, so what is his opinion? Really, there was no coherence to that column other than "Look at me, I can make snide remarks about stuff I don't know." Well, at least Kreidler didn't use a smileyface to try to reinforce any of his points. That, at least, keeps him from looking completely retarded.