Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Flop reraise agaisnt my aces

i kinda agree. however i think im more scared of flush than anything else. but my optimal line would be a reraise right now. alot of villians play pp's softley until they see a slow flop and then unload. i think that a k or q may scare villian or give him trips. sooo id reraise flop
Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 PM

I like a flop call and a c/r on the turn with a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] coming against an unknown -- obv reads would be very helpful.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM

not bad. but once again over we lose a worse over pair on the turn if a card they dont like comes. and they may check behind us.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not bad. but once again over we lose a worse over pair on the turn if a card they dont like comes. and they may check behind us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually a min raise here is something like TPTK. A flush draw would have called or raised more. If he does have a flush, I'm ok with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn since we still have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

If he has a big hand like a set, he's not checking behind on the turn. You very likely have him beat here unless he makes a very large bet on the turn.

I don't like 3-betting the flop unless I know he's bad as some good players will min-raise with a large hand. C/R the turn allows us to see how much he likes his hand and get the money in on a small turn bet by villain. If he checks behind I'm value betting the river (about a 2/3 PSB). You can't think we're behind here yet, but I don't wanna get it in on the flop either readless.

Edit: An OP isn't checking behind here on the turn either.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM

so you are saying that you want to commit yourself with ac/r to see how well he likes his hand? i dont get it. evertying else looks good.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 PM

I'm saying I'm pretty certain we're ahead, but we don't have reads and some good players will min-raise with a set here and bomb the turn -- so getting it in on the flop could be bad. If we're ahead our hand isn't all that vulnerable so just calling is OK.

If he bets the turn big (PSB) I don't like a c/r as much (I c/c). If he leads the turn for 2/3 pot or less I really like a c/r. When he checks behind, I'm expecting to get paid on the river like alomst always with a value bet (although probably folding to a large river raise).

If he's min-raising with a flush draw I note it and exploit later. Again a read here would really help...