Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Flop reraise agaisnt my aces

[ QUOTE ]
I know who you arrrrreeee.... We've played the same table a few times but haven't really tangled. You play very well IMO. Who's the hottie avatar?

Tough spot. Like you said it's almost always a set and rarely a FD. In general I'll call the donks and LAG's and fold to the nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree a minraise would be a very unorthodox way to play a FD, I almost never see it. More likely a set or a strong combo draw. Read dependant fold or call/reevaluate. Do not fall in love with your aces in these spots.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:50 PM

I want to be devil's advocate. I've seen people with position minraise to buy a free turn with a flush draw.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
daladiesman,

if you are super happy to get it all in on the turn in this hand after this action then i think you are the one who will get raped, even at 100nl fr, boyeeee.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know you must think you know everything about poker ans what not. im glad you have confidence enough in your play to wast furom space to insult people.
but i guess ill accually defend my pov with and accually simple analysis.
hell call will tt-kk. and his flush draw will be ruined. id rather take his money now.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:19 PM

wow viper, you cut so deep.

Was just giving my opinion on what id do in this situation against a random unknown player at 50/1.

I play 2/4 and 3/6 FR for a living and know all my opponents very well so i know what to do in this situation against 80% of the players im playing against. The other 20% of the time im raising to find out where i am, and can easily get away if i feel im beat.

Also, do you just flame people with only a few posts to there name purely out of hand and never consider that what they have posted could hold some water?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
I know who you arrrrreeee.... We've played the same table a few times but haven't really tangled. You play very well IMO. Who's the hottie avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the compliment, its nice to get positive feedback. I'm fairly new to NL and I've been working hard on my game.

I came across her picture in some news release. It was her booking photo taken after she was arrested for prostitution.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was her booking photo taken after she was arrested for prostitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

# plz k tks
Old 01-18-2007, 07:36 PM

This situation sucks, and happens a lot, no doubt about it. Calling this raise is pointless. It's either a reraise or fold scenario.

What you beat: a flushdraw (I think this is the case very very rarely), a bluff, an overpair

What you lose to: a set

Given that the flop is so low, I'm probably willing to get stacked here and I'll shove it in.

If the flop texture was different (e.g. Q high), I'd probably fold because the likelihood of an overpair is much lower.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM

I would call here and lead a safe turn as some one else stated before me.

If you do that you could probebly fold safly if he pushes.

I dont really see what reraising again here on the flop acomplish at all, it will just fold out worse hands.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 PM

You need to concentrate on getting reads on the players. An aggy postflop player is way different to a weak-tight player here.

Without reads, this is an easy call given that flop, and most likely an overpair you beat. A flush draw is of course possible, but unless you hit the other (non-heart) ace, or pair any of the flop cards, you don't want to put in too much more money unless it's just a small piece of the current pot.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call here and lead a safe turn as some one else stated before me.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no safe cards on a 2 tone 368 flop

so there's 9 of the wrong suit three 2s three 7s three 5s three Ts three 4s and three 9s that complete either FDs or OESDs! You'd not gonna like the turn there 9+3*5=24 cards, like half the deck that completes draws..... so ok, we're saying he doesn't do this w/ a draw.... then what, you're jsut hoping he'll keep the pot small, or how won't bluff big....

i really think you have to raise vs an unknown here