Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default Flop reraise agaisnt my aces

I'm glad we have a full ring forum now.

This hand is a situation I find myself in repeatedly. We both have full stacks, I raise with a big hand, get called by a player with position on me. Flop is drawy, I continuation bet and my opponent min raises or raise just slightly more than min raise.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($66.05)
Hero ($128.25)
UTG+1 ($42.65)
MP1 ($101.35)
MP2 ($129.10)
MP3 ($72.40)
CO ($95.25)
Button ($37.85)
SB ($16.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $14</font>.

I just have no idea what my opponents are doing. Are they looking for cheep trip to the river with a draw? Are they testing the waters with a lower over pair? Or do they have a set?

I generally reraise enough to make calling any drawing hand a bad call, but when they push I usually talk myself into a call unless the stacks are deep or I ahve a read on the villan.

Then I kick myself for paying off their set.

There has to be a better line. I've thought about playing it passive after the flop reraise, but I hate to give the signal that draws and lower over pairs can push me off a hand.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Flop reraise agaisnt my aces

this is an easy call and pot a safe card on the turn. min raises are ofton draws. if he pushes the the turn with a safe card you can seee lots of different hands fromm villain including jj qq kk ak suited blah blah blah. so id stack off with him unless hes a rock.
u might just want to go ai on the flop, but the pot is a bit small for it.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM

fold this crappy hand preflop OOP
Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 PM

i minraise flops with two pair and sets all the time because ppl always think its a draw.

better line is to wait until the flop is rainbow, and check/call to river
Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM

in this instance id reraise cos people will often do this with a flush draw, especially at these limits, i dont like the flat call as the board is so draw heavy and if he has an underpair to your overpair you risk and action killer coming on the turn. I think your in front often enough at these stakes, but obviously it depends on your opponent too. Worst case scenario he has a set but you gain the information of how he plays his sets so you can use this against him next time.

Option 2, river him (don't turn him, cos he'll river quads)
Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 PM

reads are very important here. against some players i'd play the rest of the hand trying to get it in, against others i'd turbomuck.

Parsy, so your plan is basically to push all worse hands out but gain some info the few times you are beat and pot committed and lose your stack? Sounds awesome! You seem like you have little idea what you're talking about. Your generalization of moves at "these limits" is ironic since I doubt you know how to beat the game even at these limits.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 PM

I know who you arrrrreeee.... We've played the same table a few times but haven't really tangled. You play very well IMO. Who's the hottie avatar?

Tough spot. Like you said it's almost always a set and rarely a FD. In general I'll call the donks and LAG's and fold to the nits.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM

daladiesman,

if you are super happy to get it all in on the turn in this hand after this action then i think you are the one who will get raped, even at 100nl fr, boyeeee.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:46 PM

this really is read dependent. against a loose player, i 3 bet to protect and get paid, against a tighty regular, i'll call, c/c, c/f. i c/f river because he's never 3 barreling with a worse hand.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 PM

looking at that flop, i'd be happy to get it all-in, so based on that i re-pot

if the same happens on a Q72r flop, i would call and then turn would depend, often donking sometimes calling

this is an irritating spot though, and i could be completely off

this is, vs. an unknown obv. read are v. helpful