Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 12:35 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default WSEX live betting paused for the final round of the Buick

I don't know if many of you use WSEX live betting, but if you do you should be aware that they will pause an event if it is not being televised.

The Buick Championship started early today due to weather and will not be televised for 2 1/2 more hours. Support told me that when it is televised I would be able to trade shares. The last group is on 10, so it will be over by then.

I'm left holding the bag on a number of long shots that I bought yesterday at 2 and 3 per share. Most of them were valued between 7 and 10 at the end of play yesterday. My plan was to give them a bit to see if anyone got off to a quick start (I incorrectly suspected that the leader, Henry, would stumble), but otherwise sell them off at a decent profit.

I am a fault for not knowing the rules, but they have previously allowed the trading of shares when the event wasn't being played, so it never crossed my mind that this was a possibility.

With this knowledge I would have never held positions over night on a bunch players who were 3-4 strokes back.

I feel doubly stupid for selling my Henry (who is up by 4 on the 11th) shares at 35 yesterday.

Just wanted to post this so someone else doen't make the same mistake.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: WSEX live betting paused for the final round of the Buick

you should try tradesports. they have live betting too, but it's based on user trading, not website lines (I'm assuming that what WSEX is)
Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 PM

I'll probably give them a try. I do enjoy doing this.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:59 PM

Rawl,

What is up with your hard on for Tradesports? Like 9 of your 10 posts are "you should try Tradesports". Why not post a good review about the site and interface of it and maybe a how to for someone who has never used that type of service before?

Otherwise you remind me a lot of all the posts in internet and internet bonuses that are "you should try WSEX".

Those are so damn annoying.

Brendan
Old 07-02-2006, 03:19 PM

I never gave my name for a referal, nor do I care to. It just seems that people enjoy live trading, and I think tradesports is the biggest site for that.

But since you asked so nicely, I'll give a background review.

It's essentially trading stocks, except it's for sports games. each "share" is worth a total of $10. If a game is even money, you buy/sell at 50. There is no juice, you get transaction fees of .04 per share, unless you set the market price.

For big events there is plenty of action. However, if you trade unknown baseball games, you may find it hard to get the action you want.

I made a good amount in the nba playoffs, cause teams would jump out to huge leads. Like in the Dallas game 6, where they were 3:1 favs, and got out to the first quarter lead, they were trading at close to 90 per share. I shorted dallas (meaning heat to win), and when they made their run, I sold out at 50. Ditto for the Spurs game 7, along with lots of other games.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:23 PM

by the way, the page constantly refreshes. I was trading the US Open and the WC US/Italy game. You really have to be careful with leaving your buy/sell offers up there at extended periods with the changing dynamics of a game. At the same time, people who do offer good prices, have them bought/sold immediately. If you do decide to trade on there, I suggest watching big events for a week (preferably football games, etc.) and getting a feel for how fast the prices change. The population in general seems to overreact to anything small that happens in a game.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, the page constantly refreshes. I was trading the US Open and the WC US/Italy game. You really have to be careful with leaving your buy/sell offers up there at extended periods with the changing dynamics of a game. At the same time, people who do offer good prices, have them bought/sold immediately. If you do decide to trade on there, I suggest watching big events for a week (preferably football games, etc.) and getting a feel for how fast the prices change. The population in general seems to overreact to anything small that happens in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with you. It is amazing how the lines move with the slightest change. I look forward to the football season, it should be fun.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:57 PM

yep, an example is soccer. A team can get a corner kick, and for that short second they set up, the price can go up a couple points. If you're a good stock trader, this site is most likely incredibly profitable for you.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if many of you use WSEX live betting, but if you do you should be aware that they will pause an event if it is not being televised.

The Buick Championship started early today due to weather and will not be televised for 2 1/2 more hours. Support told me that when it is televised I would be able to trade shares. The last group is on 10, so it will be over by then.

I'm left holding the bag on a number of long shots that I bought yesterday at 2 and 3 per share. Most of them were valued between 7 and 10 at the end of play yesterday. My plan was to give them a bit to see if anyone got off to a quick start (I incorrectly suspected that the leader, Henry, would stumble), but otherwise sell them off at a decent profit.

I am a fault for not knowing the rules, but they have previously allowed the trading of shares when the event wasn't being played, so it never crossed my mind that this was a possibility.

With this knowledge I would have never held positions over night on a bunch players who were 3-4 strokes back.

I feel doubly stupid for selling my Henry (who is up by 4 on the 11th) shares at 35 yesterday.

Just wanted to post this so someone else doen't make the same mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem with them a week before for the US Open...they froze it. And I couldnt get any action over night PRIOR to the start of Saturdays play. i called them, and they gave me the run around. They basically told me they needed someoen to be actually watching the event in order to have tradign open. My argument was that the lines were already there for the OVERNIGHT action, and they just "sorry". I was lucky I took 4 longshots friday night at 2-3$ pershare. One of which was Henry 5 shares at 2$ each. I let it ride. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I then parlayed that on the Ny-NY game tonight. I took 6 shares of the yankees when they were down 4-0 in the 3rd. for 25$ each. and then the over 10.5 for 31 a share. That worked out very well. I think the difference between them and trade sports is that trade sports requires someone to buy your trade, and Wsex the house buys or sells you shares.