Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report Day 1. Warning: Low poker content.

So I headed to Vegas for a short trip from Thursday through Sunday. I went with my wife as a little getaway for our 6th Anniversary. Ok, get your laughing out of the
way before you read on or stop here.6th Anniversay???? This guy is an old bastard and why in the hell is he in Vegas with his wife? He doesn't belong on 2+2!!!! Truth is my wife is a bigger degan than me and loves Vegas. This is our 15th trip in 6 years so we like to think we know what the hell is
going on down there. On to the details:

So we land in Vegas at about noon on Thursday and I get colddecked to begin with and then just get outplayed.

Hand #1: We have to wait 30 minutes on the runway before our gate opens. Add that to the fact we were in the 2nd to last row and it takes forever just to get off the plane. We're in Vegas.... WE WANT OFF NOW!!!

Hand #2: We go over to the rental car place and wait 40 minutes in line only to realize I was a preferred member and my car was waiting. Sir, you don't have to wait in line your car is ready. Obviously I was dealt a good hand and played it poorly.

Hand #3: We haven't rented a car in Vegas since they opened the new car rental center so I took a wrong turn and it took us another 20 minutes to get near the strip. Again, I was outplayed on this hand. Man I suck.

Hand #4: We are thirsty so the wife says let's pool into Hooters for some Wings and Beer. Well who can say no to that? I get in line and the Mrs. is very thirsty so she
runs out to the pool to get herself a frozen drink. I make it inside and she sits down shortly thereafter. She tells me about this drunk girl who is showing off and falling all over the place and these are her words, not mine. "This girl is out there looking to get [censored]. She is not great looking, but has a great body. Tight body with big boobs and as long as she keeps her shades on she looks great." Well I want to see this [censored] and luckily we are sitting right by the big glass garage doors and can she the action. Hot chic is going under the water falls and just putting on quite a show and from the my distance she looks pretty damn good. After watching 5 guys make no progress my wife is getting pissed. Hot chic wants it and no one can do a thing. She then says "If someone doesn't take care of her I am going to send you out there." I of coarse fold AA face up preflop and my wife wasn't even in the hand. One heck of a bluff.

Hand#5: Check into the Mirage and everything goes smooth. Get into the room and have to go to the bathroom after 6 LandSharks and the damn toilet seat drops and continues to do that the whole trip. Bad Beat!

Hand #6: Time to find some dinner. As we are wandering around looking for a decent place we encounter the Wheel of Fortune slots(or shall we call them the Wheel of
Death). I throw a Benjy in and it steals it in what seemed like 7 seconds. The hovering slot whore sits in when I get up and hit the wheel on the third pull for $400. I hate Las Vegas and where the hell is the drink lady?

Break time: We hit Samba for dinner which is a Brazilian Steakhouse and both order the Rodizio which is an all you can eat BBQ type thing. They cool on skewers and then bring it out and shave a portion onto your plate. They has a couple different beefs, chicken, turkey, ribs and fish. Something like 10 different things. It was a good meal and a kinda fun thing to do. I would give it a B and would return.

We decide to take it easy and just gamble a little the rest of the night. Played some BJ and Slots and I paid alot for my free drinks. They paid my wife to drink.

Day #1 Scorecard. Me: -450 Wife +650 Man I suck.
(golf clap) for the Mrs. She grinds away at $10 hand while I donk it off at $25+. We were drunk when we got to bed around 2am(hey I'm old) and that was good news for me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I shall continue on if anyone is interested. Preview to days 2,3 and 4. More drinking, eating, gambling, shows and a sighting of Bobby Baldwin.