Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Any info on 2/5 games in Atlantic City?

I'll be turning 21 shortly and I'm wondering if anyone has any information I might find useful for a 2/5 NL game. I'm mainly looking for the softest spot of course, but any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm primarily a 1/2 6max 6-8 table 22/17 player, so I assume I'll have to make a lot of adjustments to a loose full table game, as I have not played 10 handed nor live besides college dorm games a couple years ago. As such, I am also used to 100BB stacks, so would prefer a capped buyin at 100-200BBs rather than an uncapped, because I might very well make some big errors in a deeper game. If someone could suggest an online limit most similar to it, I'd like to get some time in to adjust before I play live. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: I only asked about 2/5 because I thought it jumped straight from 1/2 to 2/5. If there's anything like 1/3 or 2/4 I'd be very interested too, as I'm rolled for 2/5 but something between 1/2 and 2/5 would be ideal for me to get my feet wet. Live might be harder than I hear tales of it being.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Any info on 2/5 games in Atlantic City?

The Hilton 2/5 game isn't particularly tough, especially if you do well at 1/2NL online, although it's not always running, and the service there leaves a little to be desired.

Overall though, there's really not THAT much different in 2/5NL from room to room here.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 AM

This isn't your question but if you are a winning 1/2 player online you will probably crush any 5/10 and probably 10/20 as well live.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't your question but if you are a winning 1/2 player online you will probably crush any 5/10 and probably 10/20 as well live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah 2/5NL shouldn't be any problem, but the live action, opening raise sizes (etc.) will take some getting used to.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:36 AM

Thanks for the replies, your statements make me want to play live so badly now.

I'm beating 1/2 6max for close to 200k hands, so if that's the case, I'm fairly confident then. I'm just a bit worried about adjustments to make to full table, low number of hands, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'd love to play 5/10, but I don't really want to be splashing around that kind of money (yet), especially deeper than 200BB. Btw, do poker room rates exist in AC, and if so, how would I go about getting it? I'd probably need one during weekend trips where I plan to binge-play.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies, your statements make me want to play live so badly now.

I'm beating 1/2 6max for close to 200k hands, so if that's the case, I'm fairly confident then. I'm just a bit worried about adjustments to make to full table, low number of hands, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'd love to play 5/10, but I don't really want to be splashing around that kind of money (yet), especially deeper than 200BB. Btw, do poker room rates exist in AC, and if so, how would I go about getting it? I'd probably need one during weekend trips where I plan to binge-play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: Poker rate

Recommend you go with a friend that can get a rate the first time you play in AC, build up some qualifying time yourself, 2nd time back is much easier to get a rate.

Average four hours of play at trop and you can get the discounted rate. I hear Hilton has a fantabulous $29 rate midweek, too.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:30 AM

If you need a cheap weekend motel, check out the places in Absecon (4-5 miles out).
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Hilton 2/5 game isn't particularly tough, especially if you do well at 1/2NL online, although it's not always running, and the service there leaves a little to be desired.

Overall though, there's really not THAT much different in 2/5NL from room to room here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilton does have a nice room and a great poker rate, but I would not count on them running a 2/5 game. It runs very rarely during the week; not sure about weekends.

BTW, all 2/5 NL games in AC have capped buy-ins of $500 IIRC.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, all 2/5 NL games in AC have capped buy-ins of $500 IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is wrong.

1/2NL : 60-300
2/5NL : 300-1000

Please, someone confirm this for me. I'm not 100% sure on 2/5 since I have only played 1/2.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM

They are all $500 max in 2/5 in AC