Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip

[ QUOTE ]
Really? Are the rules for cashing in like the Borgata(cash in however much the player with the most $ on the table has)? Or are there tables with 100 BB maxes as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what this means. If you're asking about table buy-ins, that's in the allvegaspoker link that someone posted. Wynn has no buy-in cap.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess poker room rates are based on availability, so my question is from your experience are there usually poker rooms available? I'll probably call to find out. Can poker room rates only be reserved once you've cleared the # of hours required?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just call the poker room and ask them about making a reservation. You can split the time, ask them about that too.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip

OK, here is the low roller cheapskate (Me) suggestions.

Personally, I can't stand the thought of paying so much for a room wen all I want to do is just sleep for a little bit each night I am in Vegas. If you are at all interested in low budget rooms here are my suggestions

Mid Strip:
Imperial Palace - It is usually inexpensive and has a great center stip location. Rooms are not fancy but comfortable. If you go there avoid rooms right above the Carnival Court at Harrahs unless oyu plan on being up until 3:00am every night.

South Strip:
Excalibur: Again good rates, comfortable rooms and a great south strip location. I like the poker room there as well. If you are staying there and have the players club card they will track your time and discount the room if you some time in there.

If you do not care about money spent on rooms by all means stay at Mandalay Bay, Venetian, Wynn or Bellagio. The are beautiful hotels. Another through would be to stay in the expensive hotels during the week when rates are lower and in less expensive hotel on the weekends.

2 Weeks is a long time in Vegas. I do not know if I could last that long there. If I was staying that long I would stay at more than one place, without a doubt. You might even want to think about staying downtown and really slumming it up with all that time.

Here is an interesting site to check out all the "Special rates the hotel have running:
Vegas Promotions