Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM

Default JJ facing push on river

Villain is 20/11 over 154 hands, no other reads.

I got called a super donk for making this call. I thought this was a total bluff because I didn't think the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would bet that much on the river and I also didn't think he had it because of the way the hand played out on the flop and turn. K or Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was unlikely because the only hand that would call that river bet would be the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($54.85)
Button ($20.45)
SB ($30.55)
Hero ($58.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($12.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.5</font>, UTG calls $7.50.

Turn: ($27.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($47.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $31.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $31.35.

Final Pot: $109.95
Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: JJ facing push on river

I think you're off. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] could easily bet that much on the river. But keep in mind that 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] beats you as well. I'd fold this.

You only beat 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or someone playing the board.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Hmm.

Unless the converter is wacky. His river push is ~66% of the pot...
What would you expect the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to bet?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM

I would also throw this one away. The A, K, or Q of hearts is a very strong possibility. 3 and 8 are much more unlikely but they are just a few more cards that can beat you. He is playing ABC poker, passive with his calls on a draw, betting when he thinks he has the best hand.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Bet more on flop. Fold river.

You don't beat any of these [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]: 3,8,Q,K,A. I think this is a clear fold.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:58 PM

I don't think Qh pushes on this river. Qh I think would gladly check this river not knowing for sure if he has the highest flush or not.

King and Ace definitely push, King hoping he has the best hand and Ace knowing it. I don't think 8h bets $10 on the turn. An 8-high flush on a 4-flush board is weak, he's drawing to one out if he's beat by a higher flush. 3h shouldn't be in his range at all given the preflop action.

So the only two hands that I'm worried about here are Ah and Kh. That being said, I probably still fold. The chance of this being a bluff are very very small I think, and pushing with any other cards is just weird.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM

I fold. I hardly ever see people bluff with 4+ of the same suit on the board.