Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: 50NL: QQ in BB vs. raise and reraise

[ QUOTE ]
when you dont reraise PF you are letting him take control of the hand, you can no longer play your hand for value as an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this... i don't think this is about control.
You are villian, you have a good hand and the donk short stack makes a huge raise, you reraise him AI. The tight(i was running 16.9/12) big stack calls behind... how do you feel about this?

If you have anything less than AA = Oh [censored]!
If you have AA = yes!... then you see the flop = Ohh [censored]!

[ QUOTE ]

reraising preflop makes the hand easier to play which is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess... but only if i have villian beat... then i guarentee my self a small pot if he has me beat then what? Its +EV because now i know i'm beat and can fold?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 PM

between reraising him pf and calling pf, i think they are pretty much equally optimal.

the real problem with this hand is where u minraised him on the flop, that was a terrible mistake since you are allowing him to fold all hands that u beat and putting more money into the pot against hands that beat u.

now, if the reason u called pf was to slowplay your hand, then minraising here is the worst, your play should be a flat call or a shove.

however, if the reason u called pf was for set value (since in this case u would be putting him on aa or kk), then your play on the flop is to fold.

folding this flop is really weak, so imo best play is to flat call and see what he does on the turn, if he bets strong into u again, i think u can have a pretty good idea of where hes at, if he checks, u can probably assume your hand is best.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 PM

wouldn't pushing be doing the same thing though? i.e allowing him to fold all hands i beat and putting more money in the pot behind.

I didnt' want to push on flop and didnt want to fold. I honestly didnt see it as a minraise. I guess it was a raise for info... which as another poster pointed out was really bad. but i knew there was a problem with my post flop play and this response does the most to address that so far.