Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Am I giving too much action in these situations?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I jam the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be to try to take back control after his preflop 3-bet. And may make his set easier to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't detail my reasons but that is definitely one of them. When I raise and call a three-bet pre-flop then cap a flop with two Broadway cards and the three-bettor leads back into me on the turn, well, I'm willing to listen to what he's trying to tell me.

SpaceAce
Old 02-01-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the 3bet on the turn, not sure I would raise the turn? (too weak?) Tought to think with that much aggression he only has AK or a straight draw

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me?

You have top 2 pair, Vilains range here is 88+, AJs+, AQ+, KQs. Your hand slaughters his range, and most of it will call down or raise with a worse hand.

True
Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Your read was good, but you didn't make the connection between his preflop and turn action. He had either 99, JJ or KK.

Call the turn 3 bet and if you fill up, your're in a nice position with the best boat. Otherwise, fold.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 PM

In hindsight, I felt that I should have been able to do this. I think it is very rare that you can put someone on a set with virtual certainty, but this is one of those situations. TomBrooks hit the nail on the head: his preflop 3-bet is the key. On the other hand, isn't AK or AA still a possibility for the villian? Can we assume he is not 3-betting TPTK or an overpair on this cluttered board?

In response to those who raise the flop, I wait to raise the turn because I want to win more money. I am convinced I have his range destroyed. If he has only 1 pair, he could go into c/c mode on me and I lose .5BB.

When he 3-bets the turn, I believe I should have been able to think my way to call, fold unimproved. Is that reasonable? In general, I think folding good hands like this one in the 6-max games is usually a mistake, and calling can only be a small mistake here.

Assuming you call the turn 3-bet, can any of you fold this hand unimproved on the river?

Now, change the villian to an unknown. Do you play it differently? I can not fold this hand ever to an unknown. What if he's a LAG freakshow? Then I like raising the flop and possibly capping both flop and turn. Thoughts?

Jim
Old 02-01-2006, 11:59 PM

Given your read I think you played it well. What is his post flop agg?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 AM

I just call the turn 3-bet.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 AM

3.14 post-flop aggression. How are you interpreting this number here and how does it change your decisions? What if it's 2.0? 1.5?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:21 AM

I am not sure I wait for the turn here. I would raise the flop as others have said.

If you are always runnning into sets, then you are just getting unlucky.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:30 AM

The board is too co-ordinated for you to slowplay this. What if a T comes on the turn? If he has a straight you're dead of course, but if he doesn't he may just fold. In that case, you've missed your only opportunity to make money off this hand.

By calling the flop you miss value when you're ahead and information when you're behind. Calling this flop is bad in every respect.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your read was good, but you didn't make the connection between his preflop and turn action. He had either 99, JJ or KK.

Call the turn 3 bet and if you fill up, your're in a nice position with the best boat. Otherwise, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean call?