Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Cool USA Today Presidential match game

[ QUOTE ]
And a quiz that did would be 50 pages long and no one would bother with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a pretty good reason not to have such a quiz as it cheapens the political discourse... Not that CNN is known for advancing discourse with shows like Crossfire and soundbite "coverage" of events.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And a quiz that did would be 50 pages long and no one would bother with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a pretty good reason not to have such a quiz as it cheapens the political discourse... Not that CNN is known for advancing discourse with shows like Crossfire and soundbite "coverage" of events.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a world that has CBS news, the NYT, moveon.org and dailykos your worried about a f$#^ing poll cheapening political discourse? ROFLMAO
Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM

No mention of Redstate, FreeRepublic, WSJ or Fox News?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a world that has CBS news, the NYT, moveon.org and dailykos your worried about a f$#^ing poll cheapening political discourse? ROFLMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see what's so funny. Just because other news sources might not be worthwhile doesn't justify another news source's substandard practices.

Also, I don't see how the New York Times cheapens discourse. Back when I used to read it they would give much more in depth coverage than either my crappy local paper at the time (the Orlando Sentinel) or any tv news broadcast. Granted, I don't think it compares with a paper like the Financial Times, but I suspect you are just listing organizations that you think have a secret liberal agenda and are trying to tie that to an unrelated argument.

Feel free to have the last word as I'm not going to get into a flame war about this.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 PM

WTF is up with Ron Paul opinion on immigrants?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not a libertarian on that issue. He thinks it the proper province of the federal government to control the border.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not a libertarian on that issue. He thinks it the proper province of the federal government to control the border.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that not a libertarian position? I can see it not being an anarchists position but it doesnt seem antithetical to libertarianism.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:27 PM

I believe Ron Paul would be the greatest candidate evaaaa if he didn't believe in God. I think it's somewhat hypocritical to want the government out of our lives, yet wants it to decide marriages and abortions.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 PM

Well, Ron Paul wants to leave abortion up to the states. But personally he is very against it, as he feels everyone deserves liberty, even the unborn.

I like his philosophical question, that if he kills a baby one second before birth, he gets paid. But if he kills the baby one second after birth, he goes to jail.

But I mean for any candidate, generally supporters don't agree with them on every single issue. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter but tend to disagree with him on a couple issues, but since 97% of his other views are closely aligned with mines, and everyone else is like 60% or worse, that's good enough for me. =)
Old 09-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Ron Paul doesn't want the government to decide marriages. He said this at the Value Voters debate that he wants government out of marriage and thinks it should be a church function. Abortion was pretty well covered by theseus. He doesn't want the federal government involved in abortions, but the states should be able to regulate it. He's a big Constitutionalist and defender of the 10th Amendment so that's why he thinks state government have that right. And that's consistent with basically all of his other views. It's not hypocritical at all and I don't see what his believing in God has anything to do with it.