Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
Ditch, how have you not made James your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm ashamed to like Survivor and taking a ripped black guy as my avater is semi gay.

Forgot to add that those girls throwing that challenge was disgusting. I understand from a strategy perspective(though I don't agree with it) but acting the way they did was stupid. How hard is it to act like you are trying to put the puzzle together without laughing?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually think peegee and jamie played it correctly, i don't fault them at all

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they screwed up big time. First, they had a new team that could win challenges, so why not take down the other team. Instead, they chose to take out the two strongest players in the HOPE that their old tribe will be loyal to them, and in the HOPE that the merge will occur when they have in past shows, and in the HOPE that the two people they lost from their own tribe would be voted out first, and in the HOPE that there will be no new twists that could screw up their plan.

I think their plan would be OK if it was a last-dicth effort to save themselves, but they had the strongest group after reallignment, so why mess with that?

I think what they are going to find after the merge is that the other group will pick those three off one by one. New alliances almost always trump old ones, so good luck to them.

As an aside, I agree with the posters who said that this move by CBS was stupid. I was so hoping that at tribal council Jeff was going to say there was a new twist -- you can't vote out someone you kidnapped at your first tribal council. That would have been funny.

Anyway, I think that throwing a competition like they did sucks and that if James goes next week the ratings will go way down.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:39 PM

The really stupid thing about all this is that the producers have set up a situation where the next challenge, both teams should be trying to lose. James vs Frosti while everyone else is tripping over themselves to wreck the challenge. It's pretty retarded. I respect PG for coming up with the plan because it is a calculated gamble to give her old tribe a shot at winning. However, I really hope it backfires on them (especially the blonde who was giggling the whole time).

Also, how dumb are those guys to not even realize that the competition was being thrown? The girls were laughing and giggling the whole way through, they weren't even trying to hide it!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Anyone else notice physical juggernaut James was not in the swimming portion of the challenge.

I guess that only goes to reinforce another stereotype....
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Terrible twist by the producers.

A twist like that only penalizes the top 4 players for being good players and puts them in helpless situations.

What happens next week? Both tribes have a stand off trying to throw the next challenge? I think to only way to prevent that is to have the merger right away, to prevent anymore injustices to the strong players.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think they screwed up big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they won then frosty or sherea would very likely have been voted out. if frosty goes, zhan hu is toast. by doing what they did (and doing it again next week), they at least give themselves a chance. i think what will probably happen is sherea will switch allegiances to fei long and peegee's group will lose anyway if a merge happens at 10. however zhan hu might be able to keep sherea and/or swing jean-robert.

there is no way james or aaron were going to switch. they both had a solid core group back at fei long. aaron's was bigger, but james had jrb and the lunch lady as well. aaron had NO REASON to switch because he was in such a good spot at fei long, and i just don't see james being able to see the POSSIBLE strategical value in playing both sides and voting with zhan hu a few times post-merge to cripple the amanda/todd/courtney/aaron bloc. i hope next week we see zhan hu at least trying to get james to see the value in working with them post-merge, although i'm not sure they can ever trust him. james could go extremely far in this game if we convinces zhan hu not to throw the next challenge, then plays both sides post-merge and cripples both four-person blocs, while staying close with jrb and denise.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice physical juggernaut James was not in the swimming portion of the challenge.

I guess that only goes to reinforce another stereotype....

[/ QUOTE ]

Black people are good at puzzles? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 AM

so i was a huge survivor fan circa 2000 when it started and watched the first and maybe one or two more then nothing until JRB's presence made me want to watch again...so all these twists are new to me although i always saw promos for them over the years so i knew stuff was up...but it sounds like this takes the cake as worst ever!?!?! does anything even come close?

i agree with the sentiments above. if we lose james, i may stop watching (once JRB goes too). he really has a jack bauer-ness to him. for those that watch 24, its to see jack own every situation ever...james is the same way.

the mention of the "cant vote off a new tribe member" woulda been UNREAL. i just dispise the fact that somebody could be playing the game perfectly (or as close to perfect as possible) and get screwed by stupid gimmicks. my guess is that has happened a lot in recent seasons to some degree and its just more new to me cuz im used to survivor season one.

as for JRB...i think he's probably annoying but just became the editors focus at his tribe for the week because there wasnt much else. granted im ignorant to present day survivor strategy but he might be in a decent spot cuz...he has no real alliances so people can keep him around because he is no long term threat. is this possible (so long as people can stand his snoring, etc) or will he just get picked off asap for fear that he is a swing vote not in someone's favor?

this episode sucked though. not just for the twist but only one challenge and nothing cool happened (like JRB speaking mandarin). hopefully next week is better but even the preview seemed lame.

my dream final 4=james (jack bauer), JRB (poker), denise (mullet), amanda (kinda hot). how bout u guys?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:10 AM

My final 4:
-James: likable and physically dominant
-Frosti: likable
-JRB: lets see if any poker strategy comes into play
-Jaime: hot
Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 AM

another thought: how would u guys have liked a twist where each tribe could protect their two best (or the two the other tribe chose were then off limits) and then the tribes could choose two more (so frosti and james are still "safe" but the likes of JRB, todd and erik became the pawns)