Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 AM

Default major beat

im running real bad at life this month. maybe i should just quit for a week and come back on a fresh state of mind.

tonight, a friend of mine and I drove two or three towns over on our way to play in a NL home game where we expected to play $5-10 blinds or maybe even $10-25. I wasn't sure what to expect so I went to the bank, withdrew $9k and brought it with me.

So we arrive at the location where the game is being played and see cars parked all the way down the street. My friend drives his car down to the closest open spot and parks. I open the door and before I can get out a masked man approaches the car, crouches down and puts a gun over my chest aimed at my friend and tells us to put our hands on the steering wheel and give up our cash. Obv I immediately reach into my pocket, grab $9k cash and give it to the man saying "take it, here here it's yours. take it. it's yours." My friend seems real dissapointed and nervous and hands over a white envelope which supposedly had $5k in it. As the masked man is about to leave he says "jewlery and cell phones. I want everything"

"sure sure" I say, about to piss myself with fear and take off my watch and cell phone and hand them both over followed by my friend.

"keep your hands on the steering wheel" says the masked man "and don't move." He grabs the keys from the still running parked car and then dissapears into the woods nearby as my friend and I sit shaking in his car for a fifteen seconds before I ask "what are we doing? what are we going to do? where did he go?"

after we realize the masked man has vanished we get out of the car and I say "what are we going to do? let's get the [censored] out of here." my friend and I walk down to the house where the game is being played and think about going inside and using their phone to call the police but we think that the person who robbed us is probably involved with the game and may even be in there so we decide to walk down to the nearest gas station and dial 911. Police instantly show up and bring us to the scene of the crime where they dilly dally around for a while, ask us questions, bring a K9 to run around and try to trace the robber's scent (lol, obv didn't work).

Anyways just got back home from sitting in police station for 2+hours of questioning. It seems there is nothing my friend and I can do about this situation.

CLIFF NOTES:

brag - I bring $9k to a $5-10 homegame
beat - I get robbed at gunpoint
variance - I am completely scared shitless to leave my house with more than $20 in the future
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: major beat

getting robbed suks. this is fake?,,,,, but ive been robbed and gun to head sucks.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM

lol at home game btw
Old 03-29-2007, 01:52 AM

in before laughter...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 AM

[censored] nevermind
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 AM

sick, this makes me feel like I had a good day, thats really rough man.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Must have been in Newburgh.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:55 AM

next time try punching the robber ffs.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
next time try punching the robber ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 AM