Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Tell me how to play this hand from the BB ($50 PLO)

I don't dislike your line at all. You've lead into the preflop raiser and sandwiched the BB, so you can find out pretty quickly there and then how strong they both are. The turn is obv a horrible card for you, but your flop action shows a lot of strength so you can be reasonably (or at least more) sure that button is betting with something that has you beat now, even if you had him beat on the flop. I go with check-fold on this flop most often but this line is next best IMO.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your other option is to reraise preflop and pot the flop (not advised on this flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this also. I'm reraising this preflop because I'm shortstacked & I can raise out UTG. Is this thinking wrong? I can see the folding preflop from other posters, but isn't reraising preflop vs a light aggressive raiser the most optimal play- having a low stack?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:07 PM

i really dont like reraising a hand as weak as this preflop.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 PM

Fold preflop you have only 2 combinations working for u in the hand KK and Kxs and even the Kxs is a bad combo oop. Id only play this hand in late position. This isnt holdem its omaha you have 6 cominations of holdem hands in 1 here. You want a hand here where all or a lot of the cards work together. Next time u get AA or KK think about ur position and what else the hand has going for it. Unless ur in position a hand that only has 1 big pair going for it is more likely to make u lose money than make money.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop you have only 2 combinations working for u in the hand KK and Kxs and even the Kxs is a bad combo oop. Id only play this hand in late position. This isnt holdem its omaha you have 6 cominations of holdem hands in 1 here. You want a hand here where all or a lot of the cards work together. Next time u get AA or KK think about ur position and what else the hand has going for it. Unless ur in position a hand that only has 1 big pair going for it is more likely to make u lose money than make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

wwweeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaksauce
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM

Biggest mistake - buying in for $18. Either buy in really short (20bb or less), or make the full buy in.

If you had bought in short, preflop you would reraise and put it all in on the flop no matter what.

If you had made the full buy-in, call the raise preflop and flop would be an easy check-fold. Your position sucks with respect to the raiser (you want him on your left, not on your right.)

Otherwise, I think your play was OK, but buying in correctly would have prevented you from entering this [censored] situation in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
It's my first hand at the table, but I noticed the button was pretty aggressive while waiting for the BB to come my way.

I'm new and this is a situation that baffles me. Tell me what I should've (or shouldn't have) done and I'll probably be more able to ask better next time. Thanks - and sorry about the converter. If anyone can tell me how to convert Prima hands, that would be great too. And to further exasperate the situation, I bought in short - $18. Button has about $50, I can't recall the other players, but UTG+1 had > $100.

> SB posted small blind ($0.25)
> Hero posted big blind ($0.50)
> Game # 1,122,054,233 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] )
> UTG called for $0.50
> UTG+1 folded
> MP folded
>Button raised for $2.25
> SB folded
> Hero called for $1.75
> UTG called for $1.75
Pot is ~ $7 (less rake)
> Dealing the Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
> Hero bet for $4.50
> UTG called for $4.50
>Button called for $4.50
Pot is ~ $20.50 (less rake)
> Dealing the turn(J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] )
> Hero checked
> UTG checked
>Button bet for $20.50
> Hero folded
> UTG folded
>Button mucked
>Button wins $40

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM

To all of u who think calling preflop is ok, what exactly are we playing this hand for? Floping a set is really the only thing I can see helping us. Even getting a flush is crappy cuz its 2nd best and we are oop. Having an overpair oop sucks too. So whats the motivation for playing this hand? My thinking might be a little tight but being oop with a pair is not a situation I like in omaha. This is a hand that can get us in a lot of trouble. Thats my view about this hand. Let me know what u guys think about this.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all of u who think calling preflop is ok, what exactly are we playing this hand for? Floping a set is really the only thing I can see helping us. Even getting a flush is crappy cuz its 2nd best and we are oop. Having an overpair oop sucks too. So whats the motivation for playing this hand? My thinking might be a little tight but being oop with a pair is not a situation I like in omaha. This is a hand that can get us in a lot of trouble. Thats my view about this hand. Let me know what u guys think about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can also hold up as a pair, or steal the pot or make the second nut flush or make an idiot straight, only the set can stand substantial action and winning in the other ways mentioned will require judgement but they do add value to the hand, plus a button raise after everyone has folded doesnt really indicate much strength.

if the money was a bit shorter ($15) I'd re-raise this hand preflop