Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: OOT - be gentle...

suzzer - what you described in your response to me was more like, "I'm interested in her romantically...but if she's not interested on already involved or something then being friends is fine too. And obviously more friends equals meeting more people through them which can equal potential hook-ups...maybe even with other Brazilian babes."

this is different than your previously mentioned 'strategy' of "I'm happy to start out as friends and work our way up" or whatever it was.

If you dig her then you dig her. If you later decide that you just want to be friends with each other than you do that.

I have no problem with being friends with girls and that wasn't at all what I was trying to say.
On your initial meeting of this girl this was not someone who immediately struck you as awesome friend material. It was someone who you thought was really attractive and you wanted to go out with.

Perhaps ElD would be willing to let you tag along and observe his ability to talk to the ladies.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no matter what happens though your life is probably a little bit better because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what you should take away from this encounter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
This is step one.
If she doesn't call than no biggie.
Get some caffeine or alcohol or other courage-juice in you and find another gal who looks interesting and try again.

Seriously, they're everywhere.
And some of them have been looking for EXACTLY the kind of good-looking, smart, kind of happenin' dude that you clearly are.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Actually there was a friend of mine on this Ireland trip, that my parents want me to marry now of course. It was a trip with a lot of my family members and my friend just kind of invited herself. I was glad to have someone under 60 to hang out with.

This is a good friend of mine so don't be rude. She's pretty cute just a little chunky atm, like me. I think we both might be mildly into each other, just not enough to actually make it happen. I wouldn't want to risk the friendship unless we were really into each other.

It's kind of an LA thing I think. Very hard for my midwestern family to understand. They won't stop pestering me about her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do her. If nothing ever heats up between you, then when we do a STTF Disneyland trip or whatever you can introduce us, okay? Thanks.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:49 PM

Btw that's my stepdad in the picture. My dad is fairly dashing.

He's half Italian, half Scottish. When he was younger he had black hair and a red beard and mustache (ala Wade Boggs).
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM

You look much sexier in that 2nd pic
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Note to all...just ask..the worst they can say is no and if they say no you can move on knowing you had enough balls to ask in the first place.

Hell I asked my former therapist out...she of course said no...but figured what the [censored], why not.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Thanks Butcho22. Got a phone #? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Yeah that's a good angle and lighting. First one is a lot more representative of what she saw.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM

It's so cliche, but just think to yourself in the moment, 'do I want to do this now? Or do I want to think back and wonder what would've happened had I tried?'

Say those words to yourself next time, and you'll do it.

After few times, you get comfy, and there you go. Piece of cake.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yugo,

Isn't basically the whole point of those PUA camps to get you to man up, not be a pussy, and be aggressive around women? I mean all the stuff that gets made fun of probably deserves it, but isn't that basically it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I mean, it's aggressive in the sense that talking to chicks is more "aggressive" than most men feel comfortable being, lol.

My take on the PUA community is that it's all about snake-oil salesmen on one hand and actually helping guys to be themselves (and/or become better versions of themselves) on the other. The gimmicks, lines, tricks, and "magic bullets" are used to lure people in to spending money...but on a fundamental level, it's about confidence and experience. Like anything else in life.

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2007, 08:19 PM

microbob,

I agree an instadate is awesome. It definitely is part of the PUA community and is exactly what one should always try to do. However, a more basic and important skill is being able to ask for a phone number in a non-awkward manner. If Suzzer doesn't feel comfortable with this, he's going to have a hard time consistently insta-dating random chicks he just met and has built up very little rapport/attraction with.

Gotta learn to walk before you crawl, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Yugoslav