Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 AM

Default 10NL video

Hey guys, i made a video of me 4-tabling 10NL on stars. Thought i would put the link on here and that people would be interested in having a look.
Im sure i have leaks in my game, but hopefully people can discuss, learn from or critique my play and get something out of it.
This is the first video ive made, i plan to make some more if there is interest, i may also in future put commentary.
Cheers.. Troy
p.s downlaod is about 130 meg i think,, oh and fingers crossed that it works.. haha

link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YETGTA5S
Old 11-03-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Re: 10NL video

Not bad, I've gotten a few things from it. Maybe this is just my tourney donkness showing through, but I'd been raising with A8s+A9o+ from hijack in these shorthanded tables, but (minus a pokertracker report) I'm pretty sure they've been significant losers for me. I might consider just open folding unsuited acerags regardless of position (maybe raise A9o from the button?)
A few comments:
What's your reasoning behind raising small pocket pairs into limpers? I'm a tourney donk but generally my preferred strategy with these hands is to play longball for set value; generally these hands play better multiway than headsup.
Raising these hands is good for purposes of shania, but at the same time it seems like the only hands you limp are suited connectors. Kinda turns your hand faceup, I'd suggest either raising them with everything else or finding other hands to limp for deception.

I bet you kicked yourself for not raking that big pot with JJ, huh?

I really liked your turn check with AA when you ran into KK. It happened that he had a hand that would've called you down most likely, so you definitely left some on the table in this particular instance, but in general it's a great pot control technique.

There was a hand where you had AKs on a KQx board, 2 hearts flopped, and villian had check/called twice. I felt like he was either slowplaying a monster or making a really bad decision and chasing the flush with atrocious odds. I think I'd prefer a check behind on the river, because he's folding out most of the hands we beat but calling a lot of the time when he's got you beat with a set or 2pair. This is one of those few times where I'd rather be OOP on the river so I could check and call when he donked off the rest of his chips on a missed draw bluff.

I don't blame you for leaving the bottom right table with how brutal it was treating you. That AQ vs. A8 was nasty.

Q3 hand early on, you flop TPWK, I think I might lead here, but checking is fine too provided you check/fold turn.

More to come later perhaps, but overall, NH
Old 11-03-2006, 07:43 PM

Thanks for checking it out supwithbates,
opening from the button I usually raise Axs and Ax, but from the highjack (im presuming this is the cutoff, correct me if im wong) i usually only open suited aces, maybe i need to open up and play A9-A5, im not sure, thoughts?

With the small pocket pair things, ive been finding that by raising it up with all those limper and c-betting im taking down alot of dead money alot of the time, and expecially at these weakish kinds of tables im sure this is +EV. Although maybe i should stop raising them from the blinds with 2-3 limpers, OOP maybe i should be limping these here. I could start doing this with SC aswell i spsoe, hmm id like to hear peoples opions or what they do there.

About the only limping SC, ive been thinking about this and yeh i think the majority of I limp is with SC and S1 gappers, i kind of play my cards open on te table, ill need to look into this.

That jack hand haha, i had to go help the oldman lift his TV for like 30 seconds, i didnt even know it happened until i rewatched the video, crikey i was spewin.

The AK hand (15:40) villian was 58/20/5 check callig i figured him for a maybe had a pair on the flop, on river his draws are bust(exept the stright hit) but he still might call a value bet , i wasnt scared of being raised becasue he only had 3 bucks left.

Yeh that bottom table sucked, players were pretty tight thought id leave no point in sticking around when there are bigger fish to fry.

Q3 (1:05) yeh i didnt fell confident betting into all those people with such a [censored] kicker, im might be in front alot of the time that happens, but i had no reads on any of these guys and thought id pick a better spot, could be a leak?

Thanks for having a look, hope some other people can check it out..

p.s if you want to talk about a hand note the time it happend.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM

When i click the link, i have no idea what to click to download it.

Found it.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:47 PM

I know you found it, but if anyone else is lost there is a box top right you have to enter the code they give you an then wait a bit
Old 02-03-2007, 03:48 AM

is there supposed to be audio in this video?