Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Strange 3/6 kill hand

Recently I was involved in strange hand that I thought I would share. This was a kill pot so the stakes went to 6/12. The killer was UTG and he raises (which he will do with any 2 cards) its folded around to me in the SB. I look at Q9s. Its not a great hand but playable against this LAG. I call knowing a 3 bet wont accomplish a darn thing. BB folds. FLop is a rainbow with J,rag,rag. No Straight possiblities. I check he bets I call. Turn brings another rag still no real draws out there. I know he will bet if I check. So i think I might be able to take this hand down with a c/r and represent the Jack. I c/r he calls. The river comes the second jack. I think to my self there is no way he can call a bet after the c/r on the turn. I bet he doesnt give it another thought and calls. I said to myself I am SOL. I almost mucked my hand but just flipped them over and said Qhigh. He looks at my hand and said the 9 plays. I must have had a confused look on my face and he flips over Q3. The leason I learned here is not to be to quick to fire your hand into the muck with failed bluff.