Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Default SSNL/MSNL house in Holland

Would there be people interested in renting a nice place with a couple of people, for example in Amsterdam or maybe Almere?

I've found that the big rental businesses want you to have proof of salary checks and whatever, so I'm not sure what the best options are, but I reckon finding a place outside of Amsterdam is probably easier than inside.

If you look here you'll find some seriously nice places in Almere:

Just post in this thread if you're potentially interested in this and what your situation is.

I quit uni myself a short while ago and I'm playing 1/2, moving up to 2/4 hopefully. I'm 26 and I'm an atheist/libertarian/buddhist/philosopher type. I'm a big audio/videophile.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: SSNL/MSNL house in Holland

wow some of those places are pretty cheap, i was debating moving to spain or not in the near future, i dunno about holland tho :/
Old 11-04-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow some of those places are pretty cheap, i was debating moving to spain or not in the near future, i dunno about holland tho :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If you take a big house with like 4 bedrooms, you can have 3 people living there, then one extra, then one out. Doesn't really matter because it's so affordable when everyone can pay rent.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM

why did you quit uni? what were you studying? take it you're pro now, how's that working out?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:23 PM

I might be interested, but not in the close future since I will on an exchange program for half a year starting february. I know about other pokerplayers thinking about this actually, can you maybe PM me your name? Possibly I already know who you are.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM

I'm mainly curious from an academic POV since I dunno if I'd be able to uproot like that, but does anyone know what an American would have to do to live abroad? what happens with taxes? etc.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm mainly curious from an academic POV since I dunno if I'd be able to uproot like that, but does anyone know what an American would have to do to live abroad? what happens with taxes? etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

to study or just go over and live? I lived in england for 4 months after graduating through BUNAC. they'll set you up w/ a 6month work permit, health insurance, etc... in various european countries. they mainly assist post college grads who want to live/travel abroad but I think they have current student programs as well. check them out
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM

Just to live, probably for a short-term although if it were really cool I wouldn't have a problem living somewhere else permanently (especially if I could live somewhere with no taxes on poker, but I don't know feasible it is to arrange citizenship like that).
Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Even if you moved somewhere that didn't tax poker income, you'd still have to pay taxes to the US unless you renounced your citizenship, which you probably don't want to do.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:59 PM

I've heard renouncing your citizenship means you're never allowed back in the US, not even to visit. If true, that is utterly ridiculous. like I didn't choose to be a citizen here, but I'm forced to be locked in unless I want to never see family again? anyway, anyone know if that's true?