Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Bad board for aces

37/22/2.3 over 120 hands. I think all postflop streets are debatable.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River 1: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???

River 2: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Bad board for aces

i don't think you have sufficient equity to 3bet the flop oop on this board. it's better to wait and see what the turn brings imo.

as played, the turn is good. you are now solidly behind and are getting raised very often.

river 1. i check and pray he checks behind. if he bets i fold, because whatever he has he'd be hardpressed to put me on any hand that's better than his and is willing to fold. and the only hand that he could conceivably be betting for value is K8, which is a miniscule portion of his range, and he only value bets it on this board if he's a retard.

river 2. you can't b/f against this guy and b/c is a spew, so i c/c. he should bet lots of worse two-pairs for value.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM

I have no idea how these rivers are any different.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM

then get a clue about poker hand rakings [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KKQQT&gt;AAKQT

AA99K&gt;KKQQT
Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 PM

37/22/2.3 guy raised the flop. That's all. 2pair doesn't make up that much of his range. I have rakeback thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is SB with A, A.
1 fold, MP raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, MP calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

"MP" is actually the CO, right?

If so, I'm not folding either river but the first one is wicked close. Difference between c/c and b/f depends on whether he's seen you showdown real light or b/f before.

In a vacuum I'd guess when the 9 comes b/f is a bit better and when the 2 comes you're nearly indifferent to all three options (c/c, c/f, b/f).

I also like the flop 3-bet if he opened in the CO. Things change pretty quickly if he actually opened from the HJ imo.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:46 AM

If you bet the river after that flop/turn action, it will really look like a desperation bet, and I'm afraid it will induce a bluff raise at least some of the time. Can we bet/call here?

I think I'd rather check-call the river (whether a 2 or a 9), but it's only because I don't want to bet, and I don't want to fold, which sounds illogical even to myself.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 AM

c/c you have ACES
Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 AM

What about the turn guys?

When I talked to Sharpie about this one I suggested c/c'ing. But since its a CO raise should we not consider betting to get value from Kx hands that might check behind?

The more I think about the deuce river the more I like c/f. I dunno, b/f or c/f IMO.

C/c'ing gets better on the 9 river as I think he will be valuebetting some Kings up hands.

I am not 3-betting the flop but just c/c'ing and then donking safe turns. But I dunno if I do that too much.

Replies like this
[ QUOTE ]
c/c you have ACES

[/ QUOTE ]

amazes me.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The more I think about the deuce river the more I like c/f. I dunno, b/f or c/f IMO.

C/c'ing gets better on the 9 river as I think he will be valuebetting some Kings up hands.

I am not 3-betting the flop but just c/c'ing and then donking safe turns. But I dunno if I do that too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

woohoo! if we assume oink=truth then i win 100 points for getting it right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: oh wait... you c/c the flop? not b/c??