Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is there anything ethically wrong with joyously pounding the raise button?
No, pound away 52 50.49%
Yes, but pound away anyway 13 12.62%
Yes, and I attempt to give my opponent a reasonable chance to return 19 18.45%
Not sure, don't care, pound away 19 18.45%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: FFB Ethics / Fair Play Questions

Yea, I am not arguing it's against the rules. Just stating that it's really scummy and douchebaggy, and if roles were reversed I would never do something similar. I was under the impression the trade was declined, since he verbally declared no to me, and there was no obvious way to tell the trade was still pending.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

C) When the trade was accepted, trade offerer IMMEDIATELY gave a WTF and objected to the trade, and stated he had absolutely no intention of making the trade at the current time. I feel this should have some say in the matter, especially in a league with friends.(Although granted, there is money on the line, additional money on the line between the 2 teams.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no difference. With money on the line and the trade on the table, I'm taking it, even if it makes me look like a douche. He knew the trade had to be withdrawn, and he didn't withdraw the trade. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you offered someone a trade, and then later in the week a player you wanted to receive was murdered, and your opponent was able to rush to the computer faster than you and accepted the trade, it would be okay?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 AM

jesus #1 is like the biggest angleshot ever - how can you guys possibly argue in favor of it
Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of which....

You're up 101-100. You have a QB left to go.

Is it fair play to sit the QB? Especially if he's Rex Grossman?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?? YES it's fair.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus #1 is like the biggest angleshot ever - how can you guys possibly argue in favor of it

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you offered someone a trade, and then later in the week a player you wanted to receive was murdered, and your opponent was able to rush to the computer faster than you and accepted the trade, it would be okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you don't leave trades pending or don't even send an offer until you have a verbal agreement. If you don't know the people in the league personally, send a bunk offer for the player you want (ex. I sent an offer of Coles for Sjax) then include in the comments that you want to try and work a deal. When said deal is worked out, send the trade offer while you are both are so it is proposed and accepted right away. This is not hard to do and what happened to you is your own fault, angle shoot or not.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 AM

both are perfectly legal.

but 1 is a super shady, douchebag, scumbag angleshoot and would be reversed if i was commisioner.

2 is just dumb and would def hurt the team in the long run.

oh, and about not starting a guy when down 1, id say thats legal but usually dumb as well since points matter for tiebreaks.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even more so if you consider the angleshooter has a side bet with the guy he shot (about who'll finish higher) that is worth 2x the entry fee to the league
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even more so if you consider the angleshooter has a side bet with the guy he shot (about who'll finish higher) that is worth 2x the entry fee to the league

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, a friend of mine, who is in my league, was over at my house on Sunday about an hour before kickoff. We were talking about our teams, and I was saying I had started this guy who I thought was going to play. Apparently I hadn't checked it the night before, and he was like demoted to third string. My friend new, and waited until right after kickoff and then was like "HA, burned." This was a douche move on his part, but it was due to my ignorance about actual players and game decisions in the real football games. I can't be mad at him (although I did LOL at him super hard when I still beat him). If it had been some technical glitch that he was aware of and I wasn't? I would have been super pissed.