Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Mail Question

So i have multiple gmail accounts.
I also have a powerbook with those accounts set up in apple mail so I don't need to go to gmail.com everytime.

I've set up outlook/apple mail on other computers before to also receive the forwarded mail but I often don't receive it.

Is there someway to set up my gmail and computers so i can get my mail all all my computers instead of having to use gmail.com
Old 09-02-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Mail Question

So you want to have access to all your Gmail mail in all of your POP mail programs?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to set up each account to leave a copy of the downloaded message on the Gmail server. You can also configure it so you can remove them from the emial server when deleted from your deleted messages folder to prevent the gmail server getting backed up. I'm not sure how to set it up in Mac mail, as far as outlook goes, go into the account settings, properties, advanced, check 'Leave a copy of messages on server' and 'Delete from server when deleted from deleted items'.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you want to have access to all your Gmail mail in all of your POP mail programs?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to set up each account to leave a copy of the downloaded message on the Gmail server. You can also configure it so you can remove them from the emial server when deleted from your deleted messages folder to prevent the gmail server getting backed up. I'm not sure how to set it up in Mac mail, as far as outlook goes, go into the account settings, properties, advanced, check 'Leave a copy of messages on server' and 'Delete from server when deleted from deleted items'.

[/ QUOTE ]

k yeah thats what i want.

already have all the accounts on my laptop at home...but also want them on outlook on my new laptop and outlook on my desktop. in the past when i did this..if i got a message on one computer..i wouldnt get the same message anywhere else.

i'll try what u said..thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 PM

one last question re: vista so i set up all my email accounts and it found all my current mail etc and show the messages in my inbox on windows mail

is there any way for it to show under local folders..instead of inbox sent etc....each individual account and then inbox/sent etc

that way i can see that i have 8 messages for one email account, 5 for another etc instead of having 50 messages from all accounts mi9xed together in my 1 inbox
Old 09-02-2007, 07:58 PM

yeah...that doesn't work

set it up like you said but my powerbook is getting emails from email address x, but the pop account on my dell computer with the same email address isn't getting those emails also
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 PM

gmail registers every time there is a POP request. after that, any new POP request will only retrieve mail received after the last request. What you're trying to do is not possible. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:19 PM

damn...thats what i thought might be the case.

oh well