Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Death Sentence( no spoilers)

My AC broke down yesterday and I live in the Valley so I figured I'd try to escape the heat by seeing a flick. I wasn't in the mood for a remade horror flick in august so went with this.

Ughh...it was so fricking awful.

Kevin Bacon is ok in his roll but a couple of scenes where he tries to get all emotional are really bad.

The plot is terrible and the way the police act makes no sense what so ever. The number one problem is the film was directed by a total hack..James Wong who directed the first couple of Saw movies. He makes Michael Bay look like a genius. The camera work is not even worthy of a short for "On the Lot", the music is out of place and over the top. Editing is bad...just all around terrible. Kelly Preston still looks damn good for a 40+ MILF even if she is bat crazy

My time would have been much better spent just re watching Man on Fire.

Haven't seen Halloween and am not a big Zombie fan...but if your gonna see a movie this weekend def see that over this. Or maybe go see Bourne Ultimatum again.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Death Sentence( no spoilers)

I saw a bad movie double feature tonight. Saw Death Sentence and Halloween.

I would say that DS is slightly better. But I do agree with the OP that this movie was pretty damn bad. There are tons of plot holes (obv) and the story (writing) is just awful at times.

Halloween was pretty bad too. It started okay but then got a bit boring. But hey, what do you expect?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 PM

wow I expected both of these to be pretty good and I must say I am dissapointed, the director of the saw movies must have been good on them as I luved them
Old 08-31-2007, 11:04 PM

orange...did u notice like for the first 30 minutes of the movie..it seemed like the camera guy on Death Sentence couldn't hold the camera straight without shaking it now n then. was really [censored] annoying.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM

I saw it yesterday (sneak preview) and I think it was SO bad it actually became good again. I was thoroughly pissed until the end, because nothing in the movie made sense. Literally at every point they made the wrong decision. Then at the end I understood that the makers know the movie is bad, they made it that way. They friggin' levelled me!

The moment of my epiphany was very clear as well. Kevin Bacon suddenly knows how to speak Spanish fluently (curse words and all). That was not meant serious. That could not have been meant serious. I refuse to believe people are THAT stupid, and with the way the rest of the movie was and the 'end sequence' it was clear to me that the makers were simply levelling us.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 PM

For comparison's sake dead or alive got better reviews. It's based on a goddamn VIDEO GAME and it looks terrible.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
orange...did u notice like for the first 30 minutes of the movie..it seemed like the camera guy on Death Sentence couldn't hold the camera straight without shaking it now n then. was really [censored] annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry, didn't catch this post. yeah, the camera was really really bad. i've actually tried to block this movie from my mind and haven't thought about it since. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 PM

So disappointing to hear this, but it's about what I figured.